11.9 AMCS - part 9 (last part)

This one's for a special reader of mine who's with me since pretty much the beginning of my books, annmeto ❤

--*--

Arnav was lost looking at the payal(anklet) of the mystery lady, since last night. The way she looked, the elegance she carried, the mannerism she held and the angelic voice she had, created a place for herself in his heart and mind, a place which he had only given to Khushi so far. And the strong believer of emotions that he was, he knew that two different people cannot stir exact similar emotions in him, it had to be the same person, his Khushi! But then, why didn't she reveal her identity, why did she run away like that? Was she still upset at him?

Manish and Maya Raizada had asked the security team to check every surveillance camera, every media footage to find traces of the woman who not only won the fashion show but heart of their son! When they had earlier heard that Arnav was in love with a girl named Khushi Gupta who belonged to a simple middle-class family, they were skeptical of how she would fit in Raizada family. But the woman they saw yesterday, they had no doubt was made for ruling princely empires and belonged to royal family, for the aura she had, vouched for that. And they were happy that Arnav was infatuated with her and thus, Manish was in a hurry to find that woman so he could bring her as Raizadas' bride.

If only he knew their presumptions about class and societal statuses were soon to be broken, because the beautiful and ever glorious princess that walked on AR's ramp yesterday was none other than same Khushi Gupta!

--*--

Next day all media was talking about the mystery lady who won 'Heart and Fashion' but apparently didn't leave her name. Raizadas had asked for all invitations to be checked but couldn't trace her. They also went on to say Arnav Singh Raizada was smitten with her badly and was looking for her everywhere.

Khushi saw the news and sighed. It was better to think it was a beautiful dream and forget. Because, she had seen it firsthand, how vast a different there was between her family and Sahil-aka Arnav's family. They were no match. Besides, he hadn't even identified her or tried to pacify her again.

She sighed, as she stepped in the kitchen to help Garima in making breakfast.

Shashank was giving skeptical looks to Khushi since morning. Last night, he had asked her if she was ok at home until they came back from party and Khushi had told (rather lied) that she was resting at home the whole evening. Now that she had decided to not reveal that she was at the party, she didn't want her father to find it out. In fact, she had hidden her dress and trophy at the back of her closet.

But Shashank had his doubts.

.

.

"Bitto, you have that design book of your mother's still?" Shashank asked Khushi a while later making her startled with his sudden enquiry.

"Wh-why babuji? what happened?"

"I want to see it." he replied and waited for her to retrieve the book. As she opened her cupboard to take the book out, Shashank also noticed a few things, there was a dress there, almost stuffed at the back of the shelf, which looked very similar to what the winner of last night wore! So, he had been right, it was his daughter who was there. A fatherly proud surged through him as he looked at her with admiration...

Khushi decided to change the topic before he asked something,

"Babuji, Devika maasi kabhi humse milne kyun nahi ayi itne saal (why didn't Devika maasi come to meet us for so many years)? And is she Maa's cousin or friend?" she was also truly curious. Last night too, Devika had left hurriedly.