23.3 India's sweethearts!

Week 2, Day 1:

It was the Monday after the first week of Teri Meri Prem Kahani hit the TV screens and everyone was anxious about the audience's reactions. They had come on set to shoot for the next episode, but a lot depended on how ardent TV viewers received their show.

It was then that Anjali received a call from one of the channel executives and gauging from her expressions as she spoke with them, the team understood it was good news!

"We did it, guys! The channel is very happy with the response our show is getting on social media as well as from general public. They are confident that the TRPs would be good too." Anjali's relayed the information, and the team broke into smiles and cheers!

However, looking at Shivam who gave a hi-five to Khushi soured Arnav's mood...He(Arnav) and Khushi had surely become comfortable around during the week, but there was still some air of nervousness especially when they had scenes together that made him want to change it. He so wished to be her close friend. Oh, who was he kidding, he wished to be more than a friend but just like his on-screen character, he was finding it hard to get out of the damned 'friend-zone'!

.

.

It was sometime during that week when they had to shoot a party scene. It needed Khushi to wear a saree and the scene was going to be about Varun(arnav), as well as the CEO played by their guest co-star Shivam, both being besotted with her.

However, a slight problem here was, not just Varun, Arnav too was hopelessly smitten!

Shyam was standing by Arnav's side while the team was shooting Sharanya(Khushi)'s close-up as they all stood around watching it. And Shyam didn't waste a minute to keep his tradition of adding background songs to this off-screen love-story of his brother-in-law's, "Saree ke fall sa kabhi match kiya re, kabhi chod diya dil kabhi catch kiya re." he hummed a rather peppy song making Arnav cringe!

"Will you stop it, Jiju?"

"What? I was just singing a song, Arnav." he shrugged his shoulders in defiance.

"Whatever!" Arnav left to get ready for his shot.

The scene then shifted to a new-year's party. It went like, Sharanya(Khushi) believes whoever she will dance with at midnight will be her soul-mate and is anxiously waiting for the right guy to ask her to dance. The clock stuck 11.55pm when the CEO(Shivam) approaches her for a dance, however, her eyes keep darting towards the door of the party hall restlessly. Here, the dramatic pause would follow, an indication to the audience that her true soulmate is yet to appear!

She reluctantly gives her hand in Shivam's and they begin moving towards the dance floor. But just then a waiter spills some drink on his shirt, and he gets annoyed while leaving to clean his shirt.

Sharanya is left stranded in the middle of the dance floor, while also giving up the hope of finding her soulmate...

And just as the clock strikes 12am, Varun(Arnav) taps on her shoulder from behind making her slowly turns around. He extends his hand wordlessly, while she is starstruck looking at him, something seems different to her tonight, as if she suddenly realizes what she was looking for was always in front of her. What follows is a sensual dance on their show's title track, teri meri prem kahani, while giving a sign to audience that the love story had begun!

Throughout the dance, which they shot in a single take, Arnav's eyes never left her face, while his hands that rested on her petite waist left a trail of goosebumps on her skin and Khushi followed his moves, almost being hypnotized!