28.1 Locha-e-ulfat of North&South

Q/N - Since both titles had equal votes, I had to combine them!

Disclaimer: The theme of the story is based on two different regions in India and there will comic situations arising related to each. However, there is no intention to hurt anyone and should be read only for entertainment purposes. Thanks.

--*--

It was Monday morning, 8.30 am. For working-class people it was rush hour. Especially roads leading towards Gurugram, Delhi were jammed, with bumper to bumper to traffic.

And in that was stuck a humble Toyota Corolla model year 2011!

A young man sitting on the passenger seat was getting impatient because of the way his friend was driving the car, following all the traffic rules!

"It's a freaking yellow light, Arnav, you needn't have to stop, we could have crossed the traffic light by now!"

Arnav, level-headed and calm even in this mad traffic outside and his mad friend inside the car, said, "Calm down Mr. Narayana Krishnakumar. We'll reach the office in time."

"Call me NK please." the "friend" said, "And why will you worry? Our CEO himself is always happy with you anyway. It's people like me who have to worry about reaching on time and things like that."

"It's your work performance that matters NK, not things like these!" Arnav replied, with an intention to add humor but to his bad NK picked something else and asked,

"Speaking of performance Mr. Arnav Subramania Rao, are you still ON about your bet with Ms. Gupta?"

"Of course."

"Even when she is our CEO's daughter?"

"What does that have to do with performance ratings? Didn't our CEO Mr. Shashi Gupta himself say that every employee was equal and isn't Ms. Khushi Gupta also an employee there?"

NK sighed. There was no use arguing with Arnav on this point. He and Khushi were always at loggerheads. Ever since they crossed paths in their MBA days in Goa 3 years ago! And co-incidentally both got jobs in the same organization last year, one of the leading companies in India, Gupta steels. Even though it was owned by Khushi's family, she had to go through the same rigorous hiring process and was then given this job. And no one had any doubts about it as they had kept the interview process pretty transparent.

But no one understood why Arnav also accepted a job there even when he had many offers from the US or other leading foreign companies. He was the topper of their college. Even Khushi was ranked in the top 5 and had similar offers, but she had always openly admitted to hoping to get a job in her family's company...

--*--

A BMW class 6 was proudly standing amidst the fleet of many such cars in the parking lot of Gupta mansion, waiting for its owner.

"Khushiiii, bitiya, ready ho ya nahi (are you ready or not)? You will be late again." Anupam Gupta, Khushi's 70-year-old grandfather and founder and previous CEO of Gupta steels called from the base of the stairs. (A/N- I imagine Anupam Kher in this role).

"Don't worry Dadu (grandpa), I will reach on time." Khushi said, running down the stairs, wearing her smart wristwatch and taking two steps at a time.

"And you will break the traffic signal again and your dad will have a reason to get angry at you."

"He can never be angry at Khushi." Garima, Khushi's mother said, coming from kitchen with bowls of breakfast for Khushi and Anupam. "She is his laadli (dearest) after all."

"That she is." Shashi Gupta said, ready in his 3-piece-suit. He wasn't coming to the office today as he was visiting Mumbai for some work, of course taking their private jet!