22.4 Shak: her version(conclusion)

This one's for paianjalir. Thanks for sharing those inspiring experiences!❤

--*--

It was Khushi's birthday that weekend so both her and his family had decided to celebrate together with them. Arnav's Nani and Di had flown from Mumbai to Delhi a few days in advance so they could spend some time with the couple. Khushi took a few days off work much to Arnav's happiness. Although she hadn't told him her decision about not quitting her job yet, this was a good pause.

A day before the birthday, Anjali dragged Khushi to shopping and was surprised to see Arnav join them. Knowing how much her brother loved his wife, she brushed it off as a good thing.

They went to an apparel store first. A sales assistant quickly came to help them. And as he started showing a few dresses to Khushi, Arnav rudely dismissed the guy saying Khushi could choose the dress herself and they will call him if needed. Anjali looked at Khushi who clearly didn't like his behavior, but she kept silent.

The next thing was when they went to eat ice cream at a roadside ice cream van. The vendor started indulging Khushi in asking her favorite flavors playfully as these people do, and Arnav intervened telling him their order while also asking Khushi to wait for him near their car...

Anjali by then had become worried that her brother's behavior was not normal. But before confronting him, she decided to talk to Khushi once, in case she was overthinking this.

.

.

Anjali waited till they reached home and found Khushi alone once Arnav was busy with a work call.

"Khushi, can I talk to you for some time?" she asked Khushi who was browsing through her phone, probably some social media page.

"Of course, Di." Khushi warmly smiled and kept her phone aside.

"I saw how Arnav behaved today at the store and at that ice cream truck. Doesn't that bother you? Why didn't you say anything to him?" Anjali asked straight away.

Khushi hesitated first before answering. After all, Anjali was Arnav's sister. But she knew Anjali shared a loving, sisterly relation with Khushi. So, she told her truthfully, "Actually Arnavji doesn't like me talking to any strangers Di. It's been like that since our wedding. I tried to change that, but it just ends up with us fighting."

"Hmm. I see. If you want, I will talk to him, Khushi." Anjali offered help. She really felt bad for khushi at that moment, and angry at her brother. He was being unreasonable.

"No, Di. Please. I can handle this. Besides, he won't like it." Khushi said, pressing Anjali's hand in request and she had to agree. However, she made khushi promise her that she will reach out to Anjali if needed...

In the meanwhile, Khushi decided that she would indeed talk to Arnav that weekend, after her birthday and after his family left for Mumbai. She was going to reason with him, telling him whether it was about her job, her working with NK or her talking to any man, he had to trust her. Sure, he had the right to ensure her safety, but at the same time, he could not step into her professional space or her social life like that... and with the kind of deep love she had for him, she hoped he would understand and step back.

--*--

The evening of Khushi's birthday, both families were gathered at their house. Khushi who was dressed in a beautiful designer saree looked beautiful making Arnav's breath hitch in his throat. Sometimes, he wondered how and why she had chosen him, why did she love him. He knew that she was a lovely girl so full of life while he was a brooding man always frowning...which further fueled his thoughts to keep a watch on her and any man with her!