17. Husband of our Daughter - part1

Dedicated to my mom, it's based on her all-time favorite movie ❤

Genre: rom-com

--*--

When you are a daughter of a respectable family, you are expected to behave in a certain way. You are expected to be well-mannered, well-groomed, even progressive, and bold. But getting involved with your driver? Maybe not!

But that was the current scenario in Gupta-Sharma household.

As their beloved daughter, pride of her mom-dad and angel of her maasi-mausaji, was seen goofing around with their new driver!

.

"I cannot believe my eyes. Is this really our Khushi?" Shashi, Khushi's mausaji whom she called as Babuji, said to her maasi.

"Aur kya (what else). Kaise khi-khi karke hass rahi hai dekho (See, how she is laughing)? I feel so embarrassed to even look at them, what will we answer jiji and jijaji?" Garima said worriedly looking at the duo who were sitting very close to each other on the car's bonnet. A little nudge and the girl would probably be in the man's lap! The girl in question being their niece Khushi and the man was their new driver in his white uniform with a matching hat!

"Don't worry garima ji, I will talk to this driver and ask how dare he-"

"Yeah. bilkul (of course). You will talk to driver but not to your niece! Aur chadhao sar pe (spoil her more). She is supposed to get married in 15 days, in fact she is already legally married and yet-" Garima reprimanded her husband. Shashi Gupta didn't have any answer to that, like always.

Being a childless couple, they dotted on Garima's elder sister's daughter Khushi like she was their own. Khushi too loved her maasi-babuji like her second set of parents. And thus, despite having gone through a registered marriage in Mumbai few days ago, she agreed for a lavish- ritualistic wedding in her mausaji's hometown Lucknow. Her parents were both working with high paid corporate jobs in Mumbai and were supposed to arrive a week before the wedding and so were her in-laws including her legally wedded/soon-to-be ritually wed husband, Arnav.

But ever since Khushi arrived, with Arnav's 'trusted driver' Laad Singh, a young-handsome-gora-chitta(fair) boy, they had been inseparable!

.

.

"Don't turn around but right about this moment, your maasi and babuji are making plans to strangulate me." the 'driver' said chuckling, as if he was talking about weather forecast!

Khushi rolled her eyes, "Of course they will. I am betrothed to a very respectable man, you see? They will not accept me getting closer to a mere driver like this."

"So, I am a mere driver, eh?" he challenged, in seemingly offended tone

"Yes. A very handsome, charming, hot-" she flirted with him leaning closer and then burst the bubble, "driver." and broke into laughter while he sulked some more.

"I am sorry Laad Singhji. But this is all your doing." she teased, getting down from the car's bonnet where they both were sitting.

Flashback from a few days ago:

Office of the registrar, Mumbai

"Congratulations! You both are legally married now." The magistrate said to the young couple in front of him who had just signed their marriage documents and a loud cheer was echoed in the room.