20. Hunter and its prey(OS)

This is not the romcom I mentioned at the end of previous chapter. need some time to modify it to for arshi from its original format. Meanwhile, enjoy this one shot-

--*--

"Dadi, where are my maa and papa?" 7-year-old Arnav asked, and his dadi whose heart was full of bitterness for Arnav's parents and their elder daughter told him,

"They have taken your Di to a doctor, Arnav. She is very weak right? That's how girls are. Weak. They always need protection."

Little Arnav who had always seen his parents fussing over his elder sister -as she had physical disability in walking-, believed his dadi's words and fixed it in his mind that girls are weak, and always need protection from men.

.

.

20 years later, he grew up to be a CBI officer, leading many successful cases. His dadi and his parents had passed away a few years ago, leaving his Di in his care. And that made him even more resentful towards girls in general...

But he loved his career as an active agent for CBI, working in the field, solving one case after the other. He even left their family business for the managing body to handle.

His inspiration was his guru, and current CBI chief, Niranjan sir. Arnav worshipped the land Niranjan sir walked on.

Which is why he was very annoyed when he was told that the next project, dealing with busting a major underworld mafia, Balwant, was to be led by someone new. Someone who was not him, and mainly someone who was a girl! And worst still, she was Niranjan sir's daughter!

"Come on, young man. You know it very well that I had no control over selection process or which project will be given to her as her first assignment."

"But sir, project Snake is our crucial assignment. We have been trying to catch Balwant and his drug racket for so long. How can you let her lead it?"

"I can see your anger but trust us that the project is in safe hands. And as someone who has overseen her training, I can say that my daughter is the best agent AND best sniper you will ever meet! Rest assured she will prove her worth." Niranjan's words still didn't convince Arnav.

So, he told him another main reason Arnav was not given this project, "Ok, leaving everything aside, Balwant has seen your face in our previous operation to catch him. Besides, our intelligence department informed us that there is a different master mind in his gang, whose identity no one knows. Balwant is just the face, but the real culprit is someone else."

This revelation did seem to make Arnav speechless. But only momentarily.

"Ok, but I still think I should lead this project. My seniors are making a mistake, sir." Arnav said, despite all the convincing from Niranjan.

Niranjan sighed. "Hmm. Fine Arnav let's do this. We have got to know that tomorrow is a big party in Balwant's farmhouse. Why don't you go there somehow, and see if you can find something? If you can bust his identity first, then I will let you lead project Snake. But if-"

"If your daughter does it, I will happily let her lead. In fact, I will resign." He said and stormed off from Niranjan's cabin.

--*--

Balwant led dual lives, one as a businessman and other as drug dealer of underworld, the latter one of course not officially known. Today's party was for his "legal" business world; thus, many reputed people were on the attendee list. But Arnav knew there would still be some shady stuff going on under the pretext of this party.