18.2 In the Good old days - pt2

This is the last part. glad we were able to be kids for some time, otherwise the real world is hell bent to make sure we stay neck-deep in grown-up issues!

Rated K, adults stay away :P kids at heart, most welcome :D also, there's a puzzle for you to solve!

--*--

After returning from the royal stable, princess Khushi was lost in thoughts. She was in dilemma over protecting her dear horse Chetak and divulging her evil sister Sheetal's truth to prince Arnav. From whatever she had heard of prince Arnav, she already admired him a lot. And now, after being in the same palace as his, she was won over by his persona and charm.

Unknowingly, she closed her eyes while looking at the sky and pressed her right fist over her heart, a gesture of Angel world to call for help from Angel Goddess!

.

"Pari Ma, it's princess Khushi. She needs our help." an angel named Payal approached Angel Goddess and conveyed the message.

Angel Goddess only smiled a little and replied to her pupil, "She is not aware of her Angel identity yet, Payal. And you are forgetting that she is half-human too. She will turn 18 in 5 starry nights, and after that, if she decides she will return to Angel world, we'll surely rescue her. But not until then."

Payal sighed in defeat after hearing that.

.

Soon, Arnav's spies returned to Shanti Desh with the distressing news about King Shashi and his queen's exile, the attack on Gomti Nagar and princess Khushi and her cousin Sheetal's journey. After hearing that, Arnav immediately understood that the girl in princess Khushi's attire was Sheetal. But what did she do to the real princess? Was she the one who was introduced to them as a servant, Dasi?

He fumed with anger hearing that and marched towards the part of the palace where Sheetal and her "maid" princess Khushi were given accommodation.

Arnav's father, King Arvind on the other hand got ready with his army, and set out to help Khushi's father, king Shashi.

.

.

And as prince Arnav reached near their chamber, he was shocked to see that Sheetal had transformed to an ugly witch avatar and was standing on the edge of the balcony, with an unconscious girl in her arms!

"Khushi!" he whispered, aghast.

"Tch tch, Prince Arnav! You finally figured out who I am, didn't you? I had heard you talking to your spies. What was the hurry, eh? You could've waited at least until we married! But no!" Sheetal's words enraged Arnav and he marched near them.

But her next words stopped him in his tracks.

"Oh, no no no! Don't make another mistake, prince Arnav. One more step near me and your dear princess Khushi, the real one-" she said looking down at an unconscious Khushi, "-this girl whom you thought of as my servant, will lose her life!" Sheetal said venomously, making a chill go down Arnav's spine.

He was utterly helpless here. Sheetal was in her evil witch avatar now while he - he had no such powers! Unknown to them, Khushi had many, but she too was lying unconscious. Sheetal clearly had an upper hand, a mighty one!

He had to do something. Save his princess. Arnav's heart broke seeing the pale form of his unconscious Khushi. Sure, he had never seen her face properly, due to her veil, but he had always felt a pull towards her, it was as if her heart had made a connection with his...

"Sheetal, you can have whatever you like, but please spare her life. What will you get by harming her?" Arnav asked, trying to distract her and strike a deal with her.