chapter four

When I walked into the pet store, I was welcomed by the familiar smell of some dog food and I noticed how some of the cats were hissing as we passed some puppies in their cages on the way to the collar section

Except for Jake, he even jumped on the back of Heeseung just to get a glimpse of the big border collie being tugged by her owner to keep her in her side.

As I reached the section, I plopped my bag down amd let all the kittens out before kneeling down.

"Okay, here's the plan", I started, eyeing every cat with a determined look, "You guys will choose the style and color of your collar. I could do it for you, but I'm scared the grumpy one might scratch me if I put him a pink collar, so step up if you want to get first"

All the cats looked at each other, and finally the black cat stepped up and leaped into my arms. Smiling, I stood up and raising him up to the collars when I felt something soft passed by my ankle in a rush.

I gazed down my feet and only to be surprised by how Ni-ki is now running away from me, followed by Sunghoon and I scream in panic as soon as the rest followed except for one in my arms.

"Guys, get back here!", I called out to them, but only Jake seems to listen.

His figure paused in his paws, but not to stop for me, he only give me a sideways look and did he literally wink at me before heading for the dogs' hanging out by the play pen of this shop.

Soon, I was running all over the store with Jay back in my bag and a salesman decides to intervene, getting in my way as I'm going for the nearest cat, Jungwon. He is now perched at an expensive cat house.

"Miss, it's prohibited to run around here. The rodents could panic in their cage", the man in the uniform reminds me.

I look at him and pointed to the cats in different directions, "Help me with them, Sir!"

That's when he only seems to realize why I was in such a hurry, six kittens were causing mayhem in different spots and I pray for God up there, may he blessed me that this felines wouldn't break anything.

I couldn't pay for it, and if they did, I would make them as the payment to the owner.

"What have you done?", the salesman asks, eyes widening to see Ni-ki.

I know he is cute, real cute in his height and ability to be the most energetic, but him climbing all the way to the top of a stacked up high cat food is not going to give anyone a giggle.

It was also kind of strange to see his tail swaying giddily as though he is really antagonizing us further.

"Ni-ki, I'm begging you, get down from there", I began, my voice so tender and I did my best to appear nonthreatening, "Come on, I'll treat you nicely from now on"