chapter twenty seven

This is bad for this girl who was too naive for her own good, Sunghoon thought in his mind

This is bad for this girl who was too naive for her own good, Sunghoon thought in his mind. At the same time, his mind is trying to block any being to get a pass through his mental thoughts.

The owl might have greeted him telepathically but he would give the creature a hell of a fight before he let him goes through the deepest part of the secret Sunghoon hids within his soul.

If it could ever be called a soul at that when it was split between two different beings. Always fighting for dominance in his body.

The truth is, the secret he have in him is what made him hopeful at meeting Taehyung today.

He could be their key to return safely for their world without him harming anybody and he is scared for it to happen. In particular, for the safety of the girl before him as well.

But how could he and the others avoid it when she was the one throwing herself into the first sign of danger?

Sunghoon narrowed his eyes on the owl. His tail and ears nearly popping in sight but he stopped except for the hiss against the owl.

The owl let out a hoot in response, it's feathers becoming ruffed as it laughed at him.

Y/N looked at his clear anger worriedly, "Sunghoon, what's wrong? You don't like the owl? Or are you perhaps allergic to him?", she asked.

Sunghoon held his expression neutral. His eyes were turning red and it flashed fuschia for a second. Y/N blinked rapidly, a bit surprised but already had seen it for it to be too much as she tried to process what was pressing him to be in that mood.

In one blink again, Sunghoon's eyes were back to it's normal state.

Y/N rubbed her eyes and was glad to see the redness gone, "I should let him out then.. Wait here"

The owl let out a hoot of a questioning dismay, rubbing it's head against Y/N's chest and it was that move that Sunghoon had the final tick before he can't stop himself from grabbing the owl of out of the girl's gentle hold.

He held the naughty bird out of it's feathery tail without any worry to it's discomfort. All the uttered protests from Y/N who attempted to prevent him in hurting the owl as one of his arms is strong enough to keep ahold of her and there was nothing she could do when he throws it out of the window.

It's better for her to not hold onto the omen longer or it's going to be so bad for her if it sucks a lot of her essence.

And the one who controls them would do nothing but bad to what they can take.

After he turns back to face her, his harsh frown greets her first, "Don't speak to them about it. I'm warning you, Y/N, this is serious. This is for your own sake as well", he told her, deadly grave in his tone.

"W-why?", she stuttered out in astonish at how pressed he was over a mere owl.

Her question was answered by Sunghoon only turning her body to face the other way of the owl still outside the window, staring at him, seemingly taunting him with it's blue eyes.