chapter fifty one

They were coming for you and for the girl

The words out of Daniel's confession kept spiralling in his mind. He clenched his fists tightly at the thought of the harm that were to be delivered soon.

He don't really understand why the pull of the girl to him was undeniably strong.

Eversince they arrived in the woods with Sunoo, he couldn't stop thinking about her. She was so full of kindness, sweetness and care to the animals which amused him to no end. He even tried to see some flaws in her, but there's nothing wrong with her other than the fact she had her eyes set on someone else.

At first, Jungwon thought it was just a simple fascination about meeting a human. But that wasn't the case - he always have had the urge to protect, embrace and love her, not knowing it was because she's his former soulmate.

All of their memories together from the time he was first turned had been revived back in his first sleep here after their return to Decelis.

He was so busy with his thoughts that he didn't even realize it was already midnight. Not caring about changing, he laid on the bed. He shut his eyes slowly, that was when he heard the sound of the doorknob twisting.

He quickly got up and stood behind the door, so that he could catch ahold of the intruder. Instead, when the door opened, he was finding himself hugging the person in a firm embrace.

He had to cover her mouth to stop her from screaming.

"Y/N? What are you doing here? Intruding inside my room?", he asked softly, removing his hand from her mouth before she surprised him by hugging him tightly and started crying.

"Whoa.. What happened? Are you okay?", he was certainly concerned right now that he closed the door and held her closer to him.

Why was she crying? Who the hell made her cry? - is what his mind had been wanting to scream at the sight of her tearful face.

For being her soulmate from before, the pain was double for him. For Jungwon.

"Some witch was haunting for me. I - I was searching for Ni-ki but he's still not here", she replied, looking everywhere but him, her nose red.

The fact that instead of being happy he was there to console her in place of the one she likes, it didn't make Jungwon felt any better. He was just like a replacement for her in the moment when it should've been him.

However, he didn't accuse her of anything or ask her to leave. He moved a little backward and held her face in his hands, wiping her tears.

"It's okay. It was just a dream. No one can harm you here in my room", He moved his hands up and down her back in an attempt to calm her. She hugged him again if possible more tightly.

"She's here. She will harm me", she became hysterial, enough to worry him even more about her dreams.

"Sleep here, okay? She won't harm you as long as I'm here. So don't worry my love and no arguments", Jungwon stated the last sentence firmly, not even realizing the endearment.