chapter eight

"Next time please, don't scare me like that again, Jay", He could hear her voice scolding his older friend, and Ni-ki himself is still between Heeseung and Jake as he looked at the girl with a glare

Amused at his reaction, Jay stood closer to where the girl is now saying about being hungry. He was in the kitchen counter with Y/N, refusing the food she was offering him.

Exasperated, Y/N pulled out a pan and they were bright red in color, and it was obvious as the day it isn't familiar to Jay as he asked about it. He stared at it in fascination, while the girl happily described what it's used to humans.

"This food is called sausages. It's made of meat", she said, answering Jay in his questions.

After defrosting them from the sink, she put the meat into the pan and put it into another strange cooker.

"This is an air fryer and kind of like an oven if you know what is it, but for frying stuff", she gestured to it, smiling, "It was costly, but my friends gifted it to me last Christmas"

Jay hummed, observing the other appliances in the kitchen while Ni-ki quietly left the company of Heeseung and Jake, who were now both engaged in the TV screen. Sunoo accidentally turned it on as he touch on the remote and they were now being shocked but still entertained on how there seems to be people inside a big box.

If only these small machines existed at our dorm, perhaps it would be easier than Sunghoon's fire spell and him ruining my kitchen every two weeks if he was left alone there.

Jay thought, his mind drifting to their dorm that was probably empty now. Now that they were here, he worried if people would search for them and then give up too soon.

In the meantime, behind him, Ni-ki is now propped up in the counter and watching the girl in relative silence as she plucked out a box of milk from the fridge.

He also keep an eye closed on how she repeatedly waited from a reply in that phone set atop near him.

Ding!

The sound broke him out of his lamentations, causing him to watch the girl again. Jay sat on a chair now, curiousity sparkling in his eyes, about the food, not of the girl. Of course, he would be fascinated if it's about cooking.

Y/N pulled a handle, causing the bottom half or the air fryer to slide out, revealing the sausages earlier. They were a slight darker tone of red now and cheese appeared to ooze from all over it.

The scent of it wafted through the air, causing for Jay's tail to wag. He turned back, stopping it and seemingly embarassed by the look on his face.

The girl took the sausages out with a fork and placed them on a plate, setting it gently in front of Jay. He looked at her, his eyes darting from the food then to her. He seemed taken aback at her offer.

She shrugged, "It would be awkward if I try offering you a cat food, so human food is it"

Ni-ki could tell Jay wanted to roll his eyes, but he lowered his head to smell the sausage and accept the fork from the girl.