chapter thirty two

I was mildly disappointed that Sunoo wished to remained in the forest grounds to avoid detection, my hopes to ride the pegasus appeared to be dashed and the need to tamed the creature is gone just like that

Especially when he had explained we were travelling by their own speed and I wished nothing than to stay on foot rather on having me in one of their backs and have to close my eyes to avoid another bout of dizziness against their inhumane speed.

The two cat boys had not yet informed me as to why we should not be seen by anyone. They had long thrown the mouse away in the forest slowly disappearing behind us in exchange for a flat empty of land between a forest and a wide clear river on our other side.

Still, when I shout for the two of them for a break and wanting to puke, Sunoo who had been carrying me let me down before they were both watching me to run behind a tree and vomited literally all just plain saliva.

Now that I remember, we hadn't eaten any breakfast yet from my house and we had been on the run for two hours in this world.

Is it wrong to ask them if we could find something to eat here? Berries? Mushrooms? Apples?

Anything to give me energy to keep up with them.

Unable to hide my curiousity about food here, the words were stuck down my throat though as I watched Sunoo rolled his sleeves up his arms. My eyes flickered sharply from the sinewy muscles lining his arms and so I looked away for the sake of my pride.

I made a point of clearing my throat, "I'm starving, guy -"

"Don't", Jungwon said distractedly, removing his eyes from the river, "Don't disturb him for a while"

"Sunoo", I started again, brows furrowed as the boy I'm calling for had himself on an abrupt flight up the air.

Surely I should not astounded anymore when I've seen him done it before as a kitten at my house.

"A little more and we will be closer to Decelis", Sunoo called down to us, sounding a tad too cheery as he levitated forward.

Without hesitation, he got down to where Jungwon and I stood waiting for him, his eyes searching for ours or maybe just for his friend to say something.

"It looks the same except that they must've put extended wards to keep any outsiders from entering"

Unsure of what to say about his words to Jungwon, I just nodded. It's better to keep quiet when I don't know what they're talking about. When the former spoke next, he sounded distracted, almost as if he was talking to himself.

"You must be careful to leave our side at all times", Jungwon said so softly that his voice barely carried across to me.

"Why?"

"Who knows what kind of creature might come after you", He spoke so casually that I could only watch in bemusement as he and Sunoo walked to the side, making a conversation to themselves only.