chapter fifty nine

Today is the day for endless fun for me, I guess? Like my brother said, the vampire boys would never say no to me and the moment I asked them to join me in a walk in the garden, they were all saying yes

From the look in their faces, they were all eager and excited since they were free from any classes, so I felt a slight guilt growing inside me. They even decided to wear the last piece of human clothes I bought for them in an effort to make it look like we're back at home.

To add in my growing guilt, Jay prepared a picnic basket full of foods he requested from some of the helpers in the kitchen.

What would they do if they found out I was leading them into a trap of a prank?

As we reached the trellis of lilac flowers acting out as an opening to the garden, I could already feel the wolf pack somewhere in here and they must've done something for Jay not to feel they were around when usually, he would sense them before they even know it.

Their determination is really impressive, huh?

"Let's go there", Ni-ki shouted, pointing over to the edge where the garden and a field of grasses meet, clear of any pointy thorns from the roses.

He turned to me with a slightly pleading look, "What?", I asked as I followed him on the lead of our group.

"Don't go join talking to any dogs today", he said firmly, "Please. Also we should talk about us later. We haven't been talking much lately I noticed"

"Okay", I said innocently, "I guess you've been busy lately with what happened in the ball and now's a good time to catch up, right? Did you miss me?"

He didn't even try to deny it as he smiled softly at me. We continued further in our way and he was helping Heeseung next to spread out the picnic mat they carry with us. I continued further to the edge of this green field, not saving seen any sign of the wolf boys so far.

Two small puppies popped out of nowhere and runaway with them looking back at me. The wiggle of their tails was too damn excited and odd in color that I knew that was it.

The first signal from my brother.

I tried to fight against the impulse that was stirring inside me to take one of them, I really did. My attempt was almost successful, I had almost went back to where the boys is calling me to join them to snack on some sandwiches before turning around and see Jake was whistling over a small puppy jumping out from the direction of the wildflowers.

More like he was thrown out of there to serve as a distraction.

"Come here you cutie puppy!", Jake is still calling to him and I was watching the whole interaction between them.

He was almost giggling while the puppy looked hesitant and it glanced back behind him as if he knew someone was out there for him. Jake didn't notice as he was too busy now getting Heeseung's attention from lying in his own set of picnic mat.