chapter twelve

As Jungwon sit by the window, he observes the rest of his friends busying themselves in the room in order to stave off boredom

With them is the girl. Her hair was messily tied in the back as she skimmed through board games. It appeared that she was trying to offer something to do for the boys if she was out.

He lets out a smile, gaining the attention of the girl. She raises an eyebrow, what was he doing there not joing them?

She walks up to the windowsill and stop before Jungwon. She smiles at him, "Hello there. Why aren't you joining us?", she said with a smile, reaching out a hand to him.

He shook his head, not keen to shars his thoughts. The girl's eyes widen at the sudden awkwardness between them. She only then realizes how Jungwon was quite distance to her eversince he was turn back to a human.

The girl hums, observing the white-eared boy, "You're a quiet one, aren't you?", she giggles.

He looks away from her and then back a multiple times. If a neck could break in how much he was turning it around, Jungwon could've died, but it didn't.

The grumpy brat narrowed his eyes at the two. Something about Jungwon's action were quite suspicious to him. Yet, he could not figure what it was.

Ni-ki sneak closer to the girl, his small steps not even making a sound. Gently rubbing a hand on the girl's shoulder, he distracts her away from his friend.

"Hello giant brat!", Y/N cooed, on the move of jokingly patting him in the head.

Ni-ki draw out a smile of satisfaction, leaning down into her hand for more. Jungwon lets out a laugh, finding it weird for the boy to be letting it. Ni-ki glares at him from behind her, his eyes glinting in disdain.

Jungwon caught his eyes and he offered him a closed-eye smile.

"Getting soft, are we?", he mouthed to him.

Ni-ki narrowed his eyes at him. His tail puffed and raised before leaving Y/N, as he hissed to Jungwon like a real kitten would do. The older boy just laughed out loud for the others to see what was going on.

The girl looked at the angry cat boy worriedly, "Ni-ki, what's wrong? Did you two fight?", she asks.

Ni-ki held his stance. His eyes were turned to slits and it flashes red for a second. Y/N blinked rapidly with furrowed brows as she tried to process what she just saw, then Ni-ki's were in their normal color again.

She rubbed her eyes and groaned, "Argh.. Must be the weather kicking in and urging me to sleep"

She walked towards Jungwon again, gently pushing him to go sit with his friends, "Play with us please"