chapter fifty six

After Kim Sowon - the Headmaster can only trust among the witches and wizards - had healed Y/N from the sudden attack from Lola who weren't found then - she left the girl laid in her bedroom, leaving Khan to look after her in case she wakes up

The vampires, of course, tried to refuse the idea but they can never say no to their Headmaster who ordered them to spread out all over the academy to find the culprit.

Khan had also asked all of his boys to search on their own and they even have scope outside the shool, out in the forest in search for the one who hurt their Princess.

And now in her room, he looked at Y/N's sleeping form, a smile made it's way into his face and with his own abilities, tried to erase the imaginary beings in her dreams.

She didn't change. His adorable little sister was still the same, just a bit mature and kinder now.

She was just a half-sister for the reason their mother eloped once with one of the vampires, part of the Kim clan and yet his father treated the girl like she was his own child. They died protecting her at the time when someone from the council had targeted to kill her.

Khan still remembered the time when he had to fight custody against the vampires just to get her. She was always kind to any animals since birth, mostly finding attunement with the cats.

When she stayed once in their family's home as a little girl, the whole house nearly had been trampled because for every day she came home from outside, there's no doubt there would be feline in her arms.

This was her second life now. The first one ended in a tragic because of meeting her soulmate, Yang Jungwon. He balled his fist at the thought of that boy being with her for this second time around.

It wasn't like Khan hated him or something, it's just the fact Jungwon wasn't able to protect her when he asked him to. That girl for her own steadfast attitude had chosen the vampire over him, which made him angry at their clan for a long time.

He only hoped that in this second life of hers, Jungwon wouldn't be her soulmate again.

He heard the shuffling of the blankets which made his attention snap back to the girl who was trying to get up but to no avail, she falls back into the bed.

Khan casted a look from the open doorway and sat then at the edge of the bed before lulling her back into sleep with his own kind of magic. The last thing he wanted is for her to wake up without still regaining all the rest she need.

"Cold onto the others, but a sweet one to his sister, eh?", someone chuckled from behind him and Khan turned around to come face to face with Jo Asakura.

A scowl form on his face. Nevertheless, he gestured for Jo to join him sitting at the sofa near the bed of the sleeping girl.

Since the boy wasn't saying anything other than staring at his sister, Khan asked him the very question he wanted to ask since the night of the ball.

"Why did I noticed you making an approach to her that night?", He looked at Jo as the boy leaned back on the sofa, closing his eyes.

"I thought she wanted to say something to me because her eyes kept wandering to my direction", Jo inhaled in a long breath before continuing, "What do you think it means? Could it be a sign that she will be closer to our pack in this second life of hers?"

He smiled to Khan even though it didn't reach his eyes. Truth be told, it can be quite scary to talk about the girl when it comes to a protective brother.

Any of them were careful to talk about her whenever he is around except for the likes of Taki, EJ and Nicholas.

"I'm sorry I thought it was something else", Khan replied, feeling foolish for suspecting Jo of something, also he wanted it to happen.

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault. You behaved like any older brother would do"

Khan was still processing the thought back to his sister who was hurt. He didn't know why she was being targeted again by those people. He have a hunch, but he doesn't tell the Headmaster in the fear the blame would be thrown on to them once again.

And then his thoughts stopped at the arrival of the witch returning from collecting herbs at the garden.

"Khan, why didn't you tell me your sister already found your mate?", She squealed, making both of the wolf boys turned to her in surprise.

All of a sudden, her demeanour changed into neutrality after seeing the startled expressions of her audience. They also have close affiliations due to the werewolves owing them a lot to help with their transformations into something else other than a wolf.

"Mate? I didn't see any mark yet on her hand to be sure", Khan sighed, wishing the worst of the worse wouldn't happen.

Y/N's mate? Yes, the one he was expecting to have a moon mark, who can control her powers and make it alive again under her control. She can do the same to her own mate and the more they were away from each other, the more it will hurt between that distance or days.

He knew Y/N have some powers which could be destructive when she lose control. The only person who could help her control her powers would be a boy with that mark.

It could be a vampire or a werewolf since she was a hybrid and everyone knew he wanted it to be a wolf.

"That mark isn't visible to you, you idiot!", Sowon looked at him with disbelief then widened her eyes, "Don't tell me you don't know!"

"What?", Khan was still confused. The mark was supposed to be visible or this is what he thought.

"This boy here is her soulmate", Sowon said before pointing a finger to Jo Asakura.

They both stared wide eyes at the witch as those words escaped her lips, but she wasn't still finish as she continued.

"At her wolf side though", she pursed her lips watching as all the blood drained from Khan's face, "And yes, she still have a soulmate from her vampire's side"

It only got worse from there when they heard a clank from outside the door, indicating that someone was listening the whole time and they were both quick to rush on their feet to check who it was that eavesdrop on them.

It's safe to say it should be one of the vampires to disappear quickly for them to catch that someone on the act.

How many of you were actually still enjoying this? Why do it feels like my readers here are getting less day by day?