chapter sixteen

I'm nervous

I'm nervous. The last time we went to the mall, it went horribly wrong because of that Kimmy girl. I might have another problem at the moment other than her.

On the way to the department store, people can't take their eyes off my company, mostly consisting of girls my age. They didn't pay me any attention, and I liked it that way. Girls can be vicious too when it comes to boys, right?

Taking my cellphone out to see the measurement lists of the boys from Minhee, I decided to go first with the eldest, Heeseung.

"I see you're one of the tallest next to Ni-ki and Sunghoon", I muttered and beckons for them to follow me in the men's section, "I'm gonna pay this with some part of my savings, so please just choose something cheap and not too formal or I might not be able to pay for it"

Heeseung nodded and started to wander off with Ni-ki and Jake, probably to see what they will think of his choices. Sighing, I wandered off to find some clothes for Sunoo as he was the only one to stay iny side.

The rest like Jungwon were too curious in all the clothes surrounding them while Jay accompanied by Sunghoon were already choosing to some leather jackets in the side, making me wince at the price it could take.

"I bet Ni-ki would be mad if you buy him that...", Sunoo muttered, giggling like a child as I lifted up a colorful jacket but with a design of a cartoon character from Tayo children show.

"What about you?", I asked, seeing he's already a blue button up with an embroided heart on the left chest part.

"Do you think this would look good on me?", he question as he pressed clothes in front of his body.

"I think so and it would look good with specs, what do you think?", I suggested with a smile.

"Where can I find it?", he questions again, then looking around.

"Later in the cashier's direction. For now, you could go say to the others to buy their pajamas as well for night wear", I say by nodding to the others' whereabouts.

"Alright.. Thanks", he said, smiling and giving me a twinkling eyes.

It's hard not to look away from it when it was so expressive, but at the same time, there's a glint inside that I couldn't recognize.

"By the way, if you don't mind me asking, why are you so keen in helping us?", he asked, not willing to walk away yet.

This caught me off-guard because yes, up until now I hadn't really been sure of my motivation of why I was helping them, to the point that I'm willing to spend my savings that I worked for - just for them to wear something comfortable.

Is it because they were my kittens first? Or is it because I am really that good?

Or in my selfish reason, could it be that having them in my life means I won't have to be alone?