chapter fifty three

Call it being too ahead of myself but during lunch where Jungwon is forced out of his lie to go at the Headmaster's office and joined me and the rest of his friends in the kitchen and that's when I noticed something different

He was seated across from me and Sunoo and Ni-ki was on either side of him, and usually he would be the one to lead a conversation, but now he paid no attentiom to anyone. He instead sat barely touching his food or listening to his friends as they talked around him.

It was rather strange that none of them seemed to notice his behavior or if they did, they kept it to themselves.

Jungwon looked up from his plate, glancing slowly along the table and before he could catch my observations, I turned back to listening to Jake about the werewolves still staying in the other side of the school.

He wasn't sure about how long before they decided to cause a mayhem, and I sighed, biting my bottom lip. I contemplated asking him about Jungwon's mood, but decided to keep it to myself.

For all I knew, I was the one that was overreacting.

I was fully frowning now. Jake followed where my eyes was and watched the scene for a few seconds before nudging me with his arm. We shared a glance before trying to catch Jay or Heeseung's eyes but they too was glancing at Jungwon with thinly veiled confusion.

Don't ask about Sunghoon who was also spacing out himself and I'm afraid he would doze off and dunk his head to the bowl of steaming soup before him.

"Yang Jungwon", Jay said finally, drawing Jungwon's attention from his plate, "Is there something bothering you?"

We all stared at him for a moment longer, trying to get a reaction out of him but even if Ni-ki is playing with his hair, he just simply nodded. Jay looked at him straight and there must be words exchange in their heads because they were soon leaving us in the kitchen.

The sooner they were gone the quicker I realized all eyes were on me now and I feel like the accused one.

"What?", I asked them all in confusion.

Jake is opening his mouth, "I think it's about time she heard about it from us than the other peo -" and was then receiving a slight smack of hand over his mouth from Sunghoon.

I frowned harder, "I know you're all hiding a lot from me, but please do tell me. Even if just a few tidbids. I need to hear something"

"She's right. Being clueless would lead her to harm. This is the girl who literally throw herself at every danger possible", Sunoo says to them, nodding to his own words with a pout.

His words sounded so nice but the ones Ni-ki said is so infuriating, "Pfft.. This is the same girl whose like waving to any monster. It's like she's asking for it with a white flag in her hand and saying, 'Hey come at me and I'll be available for you to play around with'"