Part-12

My hands started to shake as I looked a white pearl necklace around my neck
It was the same as that witch handed me in my dream!
Suddenly I heard a cat's voice!
I looked at my left , outside my washroom, I found the room was dark only the washroom light was there, I remember I switched on my table lamp but it was off rn when I found that same black cat sitting on the rug..
I got scared as my back hit the counter and accidentally I dropped my shampoos and lotions! with that sound she ran away.
I sat emotionless on the floor, I grabbed the necklace and jerked it as it came out broken and the pearls fell down on the ground and rolled in different directions, i ran out of my bathroom and went downstairs.
It was lit up ! I went towards my kitchen and grabbed a glass of water while I drank frantically, while half of it falling on my clothes and running through my corner of the lips to chin then neck, I was really scared, that's when my eyes fell on my house keys! I looked at the clock and saw it was 8pm. An idea popped into my head as I thought of going out to get some fresh air.

I changed into my comfy outdoor wear as i went outside.

Winter was around the corner, so, cool breeze was blowing.
I walked on the streets , the huge buildings and those pretty lights made me relax so much! The ppl were walking around while shopping bags hung on their arms as they walked.
I saw couples who walked hand in hand, it was all hustle bustle around, after watching all this a smile came on my face and I felt happy. I decided to walk ahead and go to a café , I went inside and greeted Mr and Mrs Song! They took my order and asked me to sit.
I turned around and saw a girl of my same age running towards me but accidentally bumped into me !
Ouch!
Girl: ah~ I'm so sorry! I was in a bit hurry but I guess my shoes weren't on my side!
Y/n: ah no worries it's okay , it happens .
I said as I stood up and helped her stand too!
We both stood and looked at eachother for a while .
Girl: wait have we met before?
Y/n: ......OMG!!!!!! Martha!!!!!!
Martha: Ok now we have met ig! Yep that's me but how do u-
Martha: wait lemme guess...
After a few seconds she gasped while holding my shoulders and screamed a bit!
Martha: Y/N!!!!!!!
Y/N: Yes Martha! It's me!!!!
We shared a big hug! She was my college bestie ! Who's father got transferred to America coz of business...we were meeting after 5 freaking years!! Only we both know how badly we missed each other!
After a few minutes we a broke our hug and took a seat...
Martha: Gosh! Look at you! You look so different now! A total beauty!
Y/n: you too, girl! I just wasn't able to recognise u either!
Martha: I missed you so much sweety! Initially it was so hard to live without you !!
Y/n pouted and rubbed her hand on Martha's hand.
Y/n: same here buddy! But how are you here ?
Martha: oh actually I came back here with my parents , uk it's my hometown and as I was turning 23 I decided to celebrate my birthday here!
Y/n: woah!!!! Your birthday!!!
Martha: Yup dude! It's around the corner , next Tuesday!
Y/n: OMG!!! ITS JUST AFTER A WEEK! Girl congratulations!!!
Martha: nope! Not gonna take like this ! Now that you're here I am lucky that I found u here!! I want u to come on my birthday party!
Y/n: ah~ sure I would love to come but-
Martha: no buts gurl~ you know how much u r to me ! Pls come and make it more special! It's just me , my parents and my relatives , no one else so don't worry bruh!!! And uk what I was just hoping to get my old friend when I come here and look I just did! I found you !
Y/n: woah woah! Okay! So ~ umm

I looked at her and she was giving me puppy eyes full of hope that I would say yes ...
Actually I couldn't say no !

Y/n: okay I'll come buddy!
Martha jumped in excitement and hugged me while saying thank you a multiple times , she swirled me around around and I faced the exit of the café, I was hugging her too, but soon I opened my eyes and they landed on a person outside, he was hiding behind an electricity pole on the other side of the road, in black hoodie while staring at us ! I don't know since how long he was there! He was wearing the hood but as soon as he observed me watching him he quickly walked away, while not looking back!
It felt strange, I didn't feel right, but soon Martha broke the hug and we started talking, we exchanged our phone nos. And she gave me her address .
After that we took our drinks while chit chatting about what all happened with each other in these 5 years, we finished our drinks and bid our good byes .
I started walking towards my house .

I looked at the time and found it was near 11!

Can't believe we talked for so long... I headed towards my house , was a bit tensed as I was a lil far from my house and it was already so late , and i don't know where all the taxis were gone?
I paced up and walked forward.

After a few minutes...
I reached an empty and dark alley ,streetlights were on, but still it was lonely and gave me creeps, but we have to go home right!
So I took a deep breath and started walking ahead.
After a while I reached the centre of the alley. I looked around and saw old houses ...it was all dark ... I could feel my heartbeat by now.
After walking some more distance I started having a gut feeling that I was being followed by someone since I came out of the café. I suddenly started hearing footsteps behind me , till now I was walking slowly, but then I paced up a bit and I felt the person behind me pacing up too! suddenly my eyes fell on the ground and I saw someone's shadow behind me !
I was right I was BEING FOLLOWED!!!
Now there was no stopping I started to run, run to my full speed l, and that guy behind me was running too but he was faster than me. He started to come closer but I took a sudden turn on my right. His speed was more so he went a bit ahead, till that time I went inside another alley and took left I don't know where was I going I just wanted to hide myself and soon a saw a huge dumpster.I sat behind it while curling up myself holding my knees closer to my chest while I started crying while resting my head on my knees and hugging em. I wanted to cry out loud but that person might hear me, soon I started to hear those footsteps coming closer to me, I hugged my knees more tightly as the footsteps came near and near.