Chapter XXXI: Day Six Pt 2

The night ended with Madam Pomfrey healing Brena's arm and Sirius and James helping her back to her dorm

The night ended with Madam Pomfrey healing Brena's arm and Sirius and James helping her back to her dorm. She was sore. Confused. She slept with dreams that tried to explain her existence. How could it have happened?

Everyone knew the story of the Hogwarts Ghost. Everyone. Killed by another who was in love with her. But she wasn't interested in him. So he killed her for refusing to come back. Then killed himself. She never had children. Never even found love.

Thankfully, it was Saturday. No classes. Only Quidditch practice for the boys. Brena was exhausted from not being to sleep fully. Her dreams were her brain trying to work out a hard math problem. Remus sat next to her at breakfast, his arm over her shoulders and holding her to him. His mind was buzzing with the new information as well. Who would have thought that his father even had a sister- let alone that she married off into a famous persons family.

Not only did he not know he had an aunt, but that she was squib married to another squib. Both of which would have been purebloods had they been magical. What did that even make Brena. She was his cousin, first and foremost. The rest really didn't matter.

"Has she ever even looked at you? Do you think she knows who you are?" James asked as he shoved food into his mouth. Brena glanced up at him.

"She only ever keeps her eyes on her own house." Brena informed him. "I did walk pass her once in fourth year. But its not like I would have noticed if she had looked at me. I didn't even know she was my great- many greats grandmother." 

"God, how many greats even is she?" Sirius asked with a look of thought on his face. As if he was trying to count the number of greats in his mind.

"Eight." Remus mumbled.

"That's the first time you've said anything." Peter pointed out.

"How could you not know you had an Aunt?" James queried. Remus attempted to shrug one shoulder, but failed with a sigh.

"Dad never mentioned Aunt Rose." Remus admitted. "He wouldn't have stopped talking to her because of being a squib. He's not like that."

"Do you think something happened before she moved to America?" Brena asked. Remus glanced down at his new found family.

"Could have- I don't know." Remus let out a sigh. He didn't honestly know what to think.

"I should go talk to Dumbledore." Brena decided. The boys looked at her, frowning.

"We can come with you!" James exclaimed as he shoved more food in his mouth before going to stand up.

"No- no. I can go alone. You two have practice." Brena pointed towards Sirius and James. Remus stood up as Brena did.

"I'll go though. Might be helpful." He told her. Brena nodded.

"We do need to start your treatment." She mentioned.

"How does it work?" Remus asked as they walked.

"You'll have to get it injected every day. Preferably within the same hour. Call it your Wolfy Contraceptive." Brena teased with a small grin. Remus looked down at her and shook his head at her teasing.

"Find out your my family and you already start the teasing." He whined, nudging her slightly. It was like she was his long lost sister. Which in a way- she was. From his understanding, Rose Lupin was his fathers twin sister. How do you go about hiding something as significant as that? If it was just an older or younger sibling- it would have been slightly easier. But a twin?? Twins were normally inseparable. Normally.

"Do you think your father knows about my mother? About how she died?" Brena questioned as she glanced to the floor as they came closer to the Gargoyle. Remus let out a sigh.

"I don't think so. He never even mentioned- she's not in the Family tree he has." Brena frowned, nodding. Remus grabbed her arm, stopping them from stepping in front of the Gargoyle. "I'm sure he'll be thrilled to meet you. I don't know what pulled our parents apart- but I'd bet my life that he would love you...both of you. Your brother as well."  Brena stared at Remus, smiling before she launched herself into his arms, startling him slightly.

"Thank you." She whispered, hugging him tightly to her. Remus smiled, relaxing as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Well isn't this sweet." A voice spoke, causing the two to look up. Avery stood with his arms crossed and a snarl on his lips. "Thought you had a thing for PureBloods- now you're tangling yourself with a half blood?" He scowled.

"What do you want, Avery?" Remus said calmly. His arms releasing his cousin and reaching up to pinch the bridge of his nose in annoyance. Avery's scowl turned into a smirk as he glanced towards Brena in a suggestive matter.

"Just thought I'd hire the mudblood for a good time. Clearly she must be good in the sack if both Blacks like her." Brena glared at the boy as Remus grabbed his wand in his pocket.

"Best if you leave, I think." He growled. Avery let out a laugh, holding his hands up in mock surrender.

"Down boy. That isn't anyway to speak to your superiors." Brena stepped forward.

"Just because you're a pureblood doesn't make you his superior. Your blood is filthy on its own." She hissed. Avery grabbed his wand, pointing it at the girl with a deep glare set on his face.

"Watch your tongue you stupid girl. Evans might have been stupid to get expelled- but I won't be." With a quick flick of his wand and a mutter of words a red spark shot out only to hit a blue bubble. "What the-"

"That is enough, Mr. Avery." Remus and Brena both snapped their gaze to see Albus Dumbledore standing there, moving to tuck his wand back into his robes. "Off you go." He urged as Avery stood there for a moment, unsure of whether or not he was in trouble. "Professor Slughorn will assign your detention and I will know if you don't go to him."  Avery nodded before rushing off. Remus lowered his wand as Brena turned to fully face Albus. "Now, I believe you both wanted to speak to me?"

"Sir-" Remus started, but Albus held his hand up, stopping his question.

"Maybe not here. Shall we?" He turned to the Gargoyle which was already open and showing the staircase to his office.

 Shall we?" He turned to the Gargoyle which was already open and showing the staircase to his office

A/N: I know its not as long as I usually write. But this is the spot I had to stop on.

So!! Thoughts??

Why did Lylle Lupin and Rose Lupin stop speaking?

How do you think OWLS will go?

The cure?

Who were they speaking about at breakfast?