Chapter XXXV: Day Six Pt 6

Brena laid in bed with Regulus

Brena laid in bed with Regulus. Her head laying on his chest as she held his left hand in hers, her eyes looking over the Dark Mark. Her brain seemed to be trying to dissect the mark. Try to figure out how it worked. It was like her inner Ravenclaw really did thirst for the knowledge of it all.

"You should come stay with me and the others." Brena mumbled. Her fingers itching to feel the coldness of the mark. An underlining want. It wasn't that the mark called to her- it was the fact that she was so curious about it that it overwhelmed her mind.

"You know I can't." He sighed, his face leaning into her hair, relaxing as the warmth of her body kept him warm. "I can't run."

"So what? The mark is like a tracking system?" Brena questioned. Regulus chuckled into her hair. He knew she was curious about how things worked. It was something that he now understood more since she was a true Ravenclaw Heir.

"Sort of. If I just disappeared, they would look for me." He explained, his hand grabbing hers and bringing her fingers to touch the mark. "You can touch it."

"It doesn't hurt to touch?" She asked, fingers tracing the marking delicately.

"Only a little- but it's tolerable." He mumbled as Brena glanced up at him from his chest. "It was a lot worse when I first got it- normally they wait until we turn seventeen to get the mark...but.."

"You have a mission." Brena concluded on her own. Her fingers lifting off the mark slightly in worry for the boy. Regulus closed his eyes and sighed as Brena sat up and looked at him. She looked over his stressed exterior. How could she not have noticed the signs? "What do you have to do?"

Regulus opened his eyes and looked over at her before shaking his head in response. Sitting up and pulling her to sit on his lap.

"You don't need to worry yourself over it." He mumbled, wrapping his arms around her and holding her to his chest. Brena's legs wrapped around his waist as she straddled him in a comfortable manner. Her hands resting on the back of his neck, playing with his soft curls of hair.

"But-" Regulus tutted, shaking his head causing her to sigh.

"Just be my distraction." He mumbled, leaning down and kissing her lips softly. Brena pecked him back and let out a breathy sigh.

"What do you wanna be when you graduate?" She asked, changing the subject for him. Regulus glanced down at her, eyebrows raised at her choice of question. "I wanted to be a muggle doctor before I came here- when I thought I had no way of having magic. But now- I don't even think I'll graduate."

"Why wouldn't you?" Regulus asked, genuinely curious why the fifteen year old would think she would get away with dropping out of school. Especially if she was staying at the Potter's. They would never let her just drop out. Their child or not.

"Things happen." Was all she responded with, with a slight shrug. Regulus narrowed his eyes at her. Reading her lost in thought expression. No matter how much Brena told him about herself- she would always be the most mysterious girl in his life. Not that he minded, it was indeed what had pulled him to notice her in the first place. The girl was a walking mystery just waiting to be unraveled. He craved it.