Chapter LXVI: Little Raven

Brena laid up in the hospital wing for the rest of the night

Brena laid up in the hospital wing for the rest of the night. Sirius, Regulus and James all returned with arms full of food. So much so that Brena had thought they may had emptied the kitchens out. Of course they had asked what the Professors had wanted, but Brena only told them that they were just questioning her about the Diadem and what had happened.

She had no idea how she was going to tell the three men that she was pregnant with one of their baby's. Most likely Regulus. According to the tests ran on her by Pomfrey before the teachers had left, she was about eight weeks along.

The thought made her even more nauseous than she had been before.

Brena knew she had to tell them. Eventually. But... how could she tell them? The war going on. The future that was to come- not to mention she hadn't even seen this coming.

Talvi had done a full on 'told you so' chant when she had faced the mirror to look at her flat stomach.

As the days went by, the pressure to tell Sirius, James and Regulus continued to build. Christmas break was starting today and the group would be heading back to the Potter Manor together for the holidays. She hadn't even shopped for their presents yet since she had been so stressed. So instead of waiting until even more last minute, she had decided to recruit Lily and Severus to go shopping with her before the train came to take them home.

"I don't know why I was forced into this." Severus instantly complained as he jabbed his hands into his pockets and walked with a slight slouch. Lily had her arm weaved into his, acting very couply in an odd way.

"Because the lot of idiots she associates herself with won't let her out of their sight without another man they trust." Lily spoke up for Brena, causing the girl to snort at Severus' realization that the Marauders trusted him.

"Then why not Lupin? He's her cousin." He snipped after recovering. Brena looked over at him with a frown.

"And here I had thought we were friends, Sevy." She teased with a slight grin pulling her frown to invert. He shook his head at her before his eyes moved along her.

"Have you told them yet?" Brena instantly knew what he had meant, but her face paling only caused him to add, "Narcissa told me. She figures I'm a close enough....acquaintance that I should know."

"Know? Know what??" Lily demanded, yanking her arm from her boyfriend and turning on her forced friend. Brena paused, eyes wide at the red head who looked like she was about to pounce on her like a leopard to a gazelle. Frightening.

"I- um." Brena glanced to Severus for help only to see him smirking like most Slytherins do before shaking his head. "I'm pregnant." Brena muttered with a sigh before the energetic redhead let out a loud shriek of excitement.

"WHAT?! Merlin, Brena!! Why didn't you tell me? Wait- Narcissa knew before me??! I- Wait... the guys don't know?? How long have you known? How far along on you? Do you know what your ha-" Brena shoved her hand over the girls mouth, glaring at her before looking around her cautiously.