Chapter LXVII: Future Plans

"Brenny!" James cheered as he entered her room freely, a grin on his face as he spotted her on her bed cross legged and reading her new copy of Divination Beyond the Book

"Brenny!" James cheered as he entered her room freely, a grin on his face as he spotted her on her bed cross legged and reading her new copy of Divination Beyond the Book. A gift from Remus, sent by owl. "I swear, you read more like a Ravenclaw than a Hufflepuff." He chimed as he moved to sit on the bed next to her.

"Hmm are you saying that Hufflepuffs don't read?" Brena hummed out, finishing the page she was on before placing it on her nightstand. James quickly shook his head.

"Of course not! You know that isn't what I meant-" James stopped when Brena let out a laugh, shaking her head. "Such a brat sometimes." He huffed, pushing her shoulder gently. "Moony will be here shortly with Wormtail. Mum is making this epic dinner."

"Don't think it has to do with my announcement, do you?" Brena joked. James shrugged.

"It's not much of announcement for her. She knew, didn't she? Didn't seem very much surprised. Who else did you tell before us? Does Moony know already as well?" James questioned, a slight teasing note in his voice.

"No. Remus does not know- but who knows, it seems everyone can tell but me." She huffed. "Narcissa found out and she had told Severus. I told Lily only." James looked at her, placing his hand over his chest.

"Two Slytherins knew before me? Here I thought I was your favorite!" Brena laughed at the boy.

"No, Reggie is." Brena told him with a serious tone. "Obviously." She added before James attacked her. Pushing her back into the pillows of her bed before swinging his leg over her to straddle her. His hand gathered her wrists before his other hand moved to wiggle his fingers along her side. A giggle bursting out of her forcibly.

"What was that? I didn't hear you- maybe you should stop laughing." James chuckled as his fingers moved along her. Brena kept laughing, feeling her stomach tightening from the amount of movement she was do to try and get him off her. Her hips bucked at him causing him to pause. "Brenny-bear, I don't think we have the time for that right now." He winked before leaning down and pressing his lips to the corner of her mouth sweetly.

"You're such a-a mumpsimus!" Brena shrieked before James could move to tickle her again. He tilted his head at her, looking confused by the word alone.

"I'm a what?" He questioned before smirking at her. "Is that another word for handsome, love? Maybe a new way to say I'm ridiculously charming?" Brena laughed before trying to shove him off her.

"Ridiculous alright. It means stubborn, essentially. And that's exactly what you are. Stubborn. A Ninny." She told him, trying to use her hips to push him away, moving her hands under his. "Now let me up!! I need to pee!" James laughed before rolling off her and off the bed.

"Don't piss the bed now." He hummed, helping her up before she ran off to the bathroom with a glare in his direction.