Chapter XXXIII: Day Six Pt 4

Transformation is a scary thing

    Transformation is a scary thing. To feel your blood come to slow boil underneath the seven layers of skin. The feeling of dread mixing with adrenaline. The feeling of a sinking feeling from deep within. Bones start to ache. Stiff. Losing control over your own body and mind.

Remus Lupin could feel his blood boiling as he sat in the corner of the Shrieking Shack. All two hundred and six bones in his body fell stiff. Like he had been in the same position for days. Like if he moved just the tiniest bit that his body would just break into a million pieces. His breathing coming out in shaky pants- fear of who he was sweating through him.

This was the one time, Remus Lupin felt like a coward. He was afraid. Terrified. Reliving that night that Greyback came to him. Changed him. The night being relived with each breath he let out. The eye of the Full moon reflecting in his hazel gaze.

"Moony?" Remus snapped his gaze up in alarm. James Potter, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew stood in the doorway of the Shrieking Shack. All of them looking at their friend in concern. Sirius scanned over his best mates face. Spotting the fear of the transformation in his eyes. It took less than a minute for him to change into the black dog and pad his way over to Remus, curling up next to him and laying his furry puppy face on his friends lap.

Remus let out a shaky breath before placing his hand ontop of the dogs head. Fingers laced in his fur as he tried to calm down. James stepped forward before he changed into the stag, walking towards his friends before kneeling into a lie down next to him. Peter squeaked as he ran up James to get onto Remus' shoulder.

And that's how the Marauders sat. Three of them- there to comfort their best friend in his time of need.

 Three of them- there to comfort their best friend in his time of need

"I should be there with them." Brena sighed as she sat on her bed. Regulus was waving his wand over her arm, healing it slowly.

"No, you need to rest. My brother and his friends can handle Remus." He glanced up from his wand work, stormy eyes meeting brown ones. "Besides- you can't change for a week. Remus wouldn't let you near him unless you could change." Brena sighed, nodding. Silence fell between the two as Regulus watched as Brena's skin stitched back together under his wand.