Chapter LXIX: Into Fire

The next morning, Regulus Black was the first one up out of bed

The next morning, Regulus Black was the first one up out of bed. His black owl perched on his chair as he sat at a desk in the guest room he had stayed in. Worry was the only thing stirring in his gut as he wrote out a letter to the one person he probably shouldn't have. But he knew that he had to reach out. Had to ask. Help was only given to those who asked.

There was no way he would risk losing Brena to her own stupid planning. Sure he played along with her being her own independent person, but in truth- he had agreed with Sirius completely. It was a stupid plan. Foolish. To have a child and then run off to what? Get tortured into doing Voldemorts bidding? Tossed around by the younger and possibly older deatheaters as they took what they wanted from her.

The people in his year and the Marauders year were already spreading that she was a slut for being with the three of them. Rumors of course. The Slytherins were ruthless when it came to Brena Willard.

So as he wrote his letter, he made sure to detail carefully what Brena's situation was. The whole Talvi thing was terrifying. Another way for him to lose her. He was supposed to die this year and he hadn't because of her. She believed in him. She was there for him when he got close to death. Sure James Potter was the one to dive into the water to save him, but it was Brena Willard who he saw when he had nearly drowned.

And he would be sure to be there for her, if she were to drown in her own mistakes. Regulus Black would not allow Brena to die. Just as she did him.

"So what are we going to do?" James questioned as he sat at the kitchen table

"So what are we going to do?" James questioned as he sat at the kitchen table. Remus, Peter, Sirius and Regulus sat around the table with him. Brena taking a nap in bed. "Surely we can come up with something to fix this."

"Severus and Lily will be here soon." Regulus muttered. "Sev might have a potion?"

"Did you send a letter to Dumbledore? I thought I saw your owl." Sirius questioned as he looked to Regulus. His baby brother nodded. "Good. Then we wait for his response. Right? He's literally the most powerful wizard there is. He should know something."

"Brena doesn't trust him." Remus chipped in with a frown. "Maybe we should have gone to someone else? Minnie, maybe?" A clatter from the other room sounded before Lily and Severus walked in.