Chapter XXXVI: Two Weeks

The last weeks of school were something most thought was stressful

The last weeks of school were something most thought was stressful. The first week went by with nothing but Exams. Something that was simple for Brena Willard. Being related to Ravenclaw might have been a perk after all. Even if she hadn't known it before. Brena had always been smart.

Luckily for Brena, she only had a few classes to actually take for the testing. The rest were simple end of the year tests.

But the tests weren't the most interesting thing these last few weeks. Remus Lupin had been taking the cure like it was birth control every morning. The second day he took it on Sunday- was easier than the first. It caused his body to feel like it was boiling, but his mates were with him. Sneaking Brena into the Gryffindor dorms to administer the cure each time. Using the Invisibility cloak that James Potter had received as a family heirloom.  It was something that pulled Brena's attention. She was no fool, she knew of the Deathly Hallows and truly believed that James was a descendant of the brothers. It made her wonder who had the stone and wand.

Monday the cure had still only caused Remus' to overheat. Each time was a bit easier though. Especially when the boys all thought it was a bright idea to jump into the Black Lake with Remus on Wednesday instead of attending classes. Brena wasn't involved in that, since she had her OWLs to take.

The best part was, on Monday night Brena came back to her dorm to see a single stem of Lilac on her pillow. Simple and gorgeous. And out of season. Each night she came back to her room after a long day of tests and listening to the boys chat- she would find a single stem each time. At the end of the week she had a vase of Lilac on her nightstand. It made her room smell florally and fresh.

Brena had a slight idea of who was sending the flowers to her. Mostly because only one person knew of her favorite flower. It was too simple. But he never said anything when she saw him- and she thought it was fun to pretend nothing was happening. She could only imagine what was going on through his mind right now.

The last week of school was more stressful than the tests. Brena had her mind processing the vision she had. Her notebook that she had been using to write in for the cure was now filled in the back with names. Names of those who would be losing their future to the Dark.

The list was long. Too long. And most of the names she hadn't recognized. But a lot she had. The fear she felt flooded through her like a bucket of ice water when she had written down James Potter, Regulus Black and Sirius Black on the list. Not to mention Remus Lupin, Severus Snape, Lily Evans- the list was most of the people she was in school with now. Which was frightening.

But the confusing and hurtful thing that really confused her was the name Harry Potter was at the center of this list. Who was he? James didn't have any siblings that she knew of- But she could remember in the vision hearing Albus Dumbledore talking to someone about the boy who lived. The boy who would save us all. He didn't exist yet. That was the only thing she could think of. The boy with eyes like Lily Evans and hair like James Potter.