Chapter XLVI: Summer; Grounding

"What the hell was that!?" Sirius exclaimed as he stepped through the fireplace

"What the hell was that!?" Sirius exclaimed as he stepped through the fireplace. "And you're dropping out-" He stopped midyell as his eyes saw Brena rubbing at her arms. "What is it?? What's wrong?" He quickly stepped over to her with Remus and James following suit.

"I-I'm fine." Brena stammered out. But she was far from fine. Her body was trying to figure out who belonged and who didn't. James grabbed Brena's hand, looking down at the palm of her hand.

"When did this start?" He questioned as he stared through his glasses at her hand. Long, black lines zagged out of the scar in the palm of her hand. It looked like the mark you'd get if you were poisoned or struck by lightening.

Brena looked away, trying to pull her hand out of his grip. But James wasn't having it. Between her rash on her arm and now this- he was getting upset with not being told these things.

"Brena. This is important. This is your LIFE. You've got to let us know when this kind of stuff is happening." James told her seriously. His eyes looking up into her slightly cloudy looking eyes.

"It started the first day of summer." Brena told him. Summer was nearly over and they were just now finding out about it. Sirius let out an angered huff of breath, running his hand over his face.

"So now what? What's your plan now? Were you just going to drop off the face of the Earth? Maybe leave us while you're at it?!" He exclaimed. Sirius was more hurt than mad, but this was the only way he could think of to make a point to the girl. "I told you that I love you and you can't even tell us that your rejecting Talvi? This is going to kill you!"

"Don't you think I know that?!" Brena snapped, sounding more like Talvi than Brena. Everything seemed to be merging together. Her personality was a mess. Her head was pounding. Remus stepped up to Brena as she swayed slightly. His arm going around her as James tightened his grasp on her hand, making sure she didn't fall.

"That's enough." Remus told them. "Let's get you to your room for now. We can discuss this later." With that he led her up to her room.

"What was all the commotion?" Mia asked as she came out of the kitchen. Her eyes looking to Sirius and James who both looked panicked and unsure. "What's wrong? Did something happen at Albus'?"

"What didn't happen?" Sirius huffed, his hand running through his hair.

"Apparently, he knew that Phineas had been murdered since the beginning of the year and took it upon himself to not tell her." Mia frowned as James spoke.

"He didn't-"

"He did! And now instead of everything being calm, her body is rejecting Talvi more than it was and everything is NOT okay." Sirius exclaimed. James and Mia could see the panic on his face. James looked over to his mother before running his hand through his hair in thought.

"She needs to calm down..." James whispered. His eyes focused on the ground in front of him. "Calm..I've got it!" Sirius and Mia looked over to him in shock of his excitement. "Brena needs to calm down! She needs a distraction!"