Chapter LXXIII: Missing

"Tonight we celebrate!" James cheered as he threw his arm over Remus' shoulder as the boys all walked towards Brena's room

"Tonight we celebrate!" James cheered as he threw his arm over Remus' shoulder as the boys all walked towards Brena's room. Remus had shared his excitement and thanks for making him the Godfather of their child. And Sirius had explained they had plans of proposing to the girl before graduation.

"Don't be so loud- idiot." Regulus muttered as he shoved James away from him since he had also thrown his arm over his shoulder. "Proposing is supposed to be a surprise."

"Think she'll even say yes?" Sirius questioned, his hand running through his hair in stress. "Brena is very much independent." He pointed out as Remus moved to open the door.

"She'll say ye-" Remus paused as he looked at the room in horror. The room was empty. Black marks decorating the wall once more. But that wasn't what caused his stomach to sink to his feet. Regulus stepped forward, kneeling in front of the dresser where the parchment that held their conversation from months ago- blood smeared over it.

"Wha- We need to get Dumbledore." James pointed out as he looked around. Trying to figure out what happened by just looking at the room. Like if he looked hard enough that Brena would just jump out at him. Or maybe a clue would be left.

"She had found the ring- it's gone." Sirius muttered as he picked up the box it was in and placed it on the dresser. "Someone had to of taken her off guard."

"Why did we let her stay here?" Regulus asked, a dry laugh leaving his lips in disbelief of their stupidity. "It wasn't safe-"

"It had to of been Jonah." James decided as he looked around. Obvious claw marks on the dresser. "Who else could it have been with claws?"

"Greyback?" Remus mentioned while paling considerably. "Peter? Go get Dumbledore. He needs to be here to see this- maybe he has a tracking spell? Or he'll see something we don't?" Sirius walked over to Remus with a frown, placing his hand on his shoulder as Peter scurried off quickly.

"We'll get her back." Sirius assured his friend who seemed the most panicked, probably because of who had possibly taken her.

"What if he turns her?" Remus snapped, looking outside the window. "The full moon night is in a few days... If he-"

"He won't." James interrupted, his hands clenched in fists as Regulus traced the claw marks. "He needs her- Voldemort needs her alive and herself. Who's to say that her visions won't disappear if she gets turned?" Remus nodded, accepting the hope that his friend had offered him.

"She hasn't had a vision in months." Regulus spoke up as he turned towards the others. "He'll kill her- the baby." His voice broke as he tried to hold himself together. James moved towards Regulus, placing his arm over his shoulders.

"Sirius is right. We'll get her back. Ol'Dumble will have a way."