Chapter LXXIV: Offers and Panic

"You've seen things

"You've seen things. Tell me....do I win in the future you saw? Is that why you are so adamant on changing it?" Voldemort questioned as he kept his distance from Brena. Jonah stood off to the side, ready to do as the dark lord told him. "Or perhaps I was the reason for some deaths you are trying to prevent..."

Brena let her head rest against the wall. Her mouth staying shut. She didn't think he was asking her questions to have her speak, more so to hear himself speak. But she also didn't want to tell him anything. Her eyes watched Voldemort step a bit closer to her, waving his hand at Jonah to leave them.

"I can prevent deaths as well..Brena." He told her as he stood in front of her, squatting down just as Jonah had. "Tell me what I want...I can reward you.." Brena let a smirk twitch her lips, her eyes meeting his. No fear in her eyes could be seen.

"No matter what I do- a child kills the mighty Tom Riddle." She muttered freely. Voldemort raised his brow at her before letting out a dark chuckle.

"A child? What? This child?" His hand moved to touch her stomach only for Brena to try and get out of his way. His hand pressed to her stomach against her will. Her eyes glaring at him. "Did you think I didn't keep an eye on you? Pregnant by one of those ridiculous men you've spread your legs for."

"Jealous?" Brena asked in a small voice. Voldemort let out a laugh.

"Why would I be? They did the hard part for me." Brena felt her stomach drop at his words. She jerked trying to get away from him again.

"No." She told him in a stern tone like she had a choice. "No!" His smile turned wicked, like he was enjoying her trying to deny him.

"I wasn't asking."

Regulus stared at the bit of parchment that was now stained with blood on it

Regulus stared at the bit of parchment that was now stained with blood on it. He was staring at it like he could undo it. Make her reappear in front of him. His worry for not only her but for the baby was killing him.

The others were prepping Peter Pettigrew to get to Brena. He was going to try and find a way to free her. He knew how to apparate now. He was of age. All he had to do was get her out of whatever building she was in and get her across that line of protection they probably had.