Chapter LII: Birthday Outting

Celebrating the day as if it were your birthday, that was one thing

Celebrating the day as if it were your birthday, that was one thing. But being dragged out of the house and into the shopping area of the magical people was another. Brena's hand tightly held by James Potter as he led her to follow the excited Sirius Black who was looking into every window as he walked pass. Brena leaned over to James.

"He's like a golden retriever. Wagging his tail at every new toy." She joked causing James to snort in agreement.

"His inner dog is loving this." James nodded, his thumb rubbing the back of Brena's hand. He was enjoying this alone time with her. "So, Brena.. What is it that you would wish for on your special day?" Brena raised her eyebrow, glancing at the tall wizard. Running her tongue over her lip in thought before a small smirk tugged at her lips.

"My special day? Oh that won't be for a long while. Maybe with Regulus...or Sirius- Dunno. Sirius would greet me at the front door after work every day." She explained. James felt the blush rush up his neck before he laughed.

"So, I'm not even in the running?" He questioned, pushing out his lips in a pout. Brena looked up at him, rolling her eyes.

"None of you are, what are you talking about?" She admitted. James frowned, about to argue before she continued. "You all are going back to Hogwarts. You'll get back into your little obsession with Lily, Sirius will probably either end up with Marlene or Remus-"

"He's gay?" James thought out loud as he looked to Sirius who was in his own world.

"For Remus only." Brena chimed with a smile. James shrugged.

"I could see it." He agreed before Sirius disappeared into a jewelry store. "And what about Regulus? Where would he be in this?" Brena pursed her lips in thought before laughing.

"Probably married off to some cousin in the family." Jame snorted, nodding his head. It was probably true. Unless Regulus got out like Sirius did, his destiny would either be death or marriage to a close relative.

"Well, theres always you. You're a Pure blood." James pointed out. He knew that Lyall, Remus' father was a pure blood, which made Rose- Brena's mother a pure blood squib.

"I dont know. My father's side is a mystery. Who knows if the blood kept." Brena muttered with a shrug. "Not that it matters. I'm still a squib. Squibs can't be pure bloods."

"I don't think you're a squib anymore though." James retorted before sighing. It didn't really matter. Brena could be a troll and he would still be attracted to her. "And you avoided my question."

"I'm pretty I answered it. I don't plan to marry-"

"I meant your birthday." James interrupted her. They had walked past the shop Sirius has wandered into. He had even spotted his friend looking at the glass cases of jewelry. It was his job to distract her. "And I bet you do marry. Two handsome men and a brooding boy." He winked. Brena laughed.