Three

Saturday morning.

I love the weekends.

Lazy Saturday morning.

I pull the blanket off my body then roll out of bed. Alexia is still fast asleep but probably because of the smoking.

I leave her to sleep and make my way downstairs where I see her mother in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Good morning." I greet her and she looks up from the stove and smiles at me.

"Good morning, sugar." She flips the piece of bread in the pan and then places two slices of cheese on the omelet in the other pan. "I shouldn't even mek breakfast for unnu cause unnu come in and all heat up pizza and never even knock pah mi door fi see if mi want." She laughs and then closes the omelet.

I give her a small laugh as I make my way to the fridge for a glass of apple juice.

"Next time Aunty."

"Mhm." She makes a plate for me and puts it on the island.

I take a seat at the island and begin eating the breakfast.

"Where did you girls go last night?" She asks as she takes a bite of her own breakfast.

"Oh, I was at the club and I needed a ride so I called Alexia." She simply nods in response and silently eats her breakfast.

"Good morning!" I look in the direction of the voice to see Alexia just coming out of bed. "Mommy, I'm so happy you made breakfast."

Aunty Denise starts sharing some breakfast for Alexia while she makes herself a glass of orange juice.

"Did you girls sleep well?" She asks and takes a seat beside me.

I slowly nod my head while continuing to eat my breakfast.

"Myself as well. You?" Her mother responds.

"Yeah, the weed knocked me out. Amazing sleep." She giggles to herself and her mother gives her the plate filled with french toast, an omelet and fruit.

"Oh, by the way Jade, we have got to go to the club tonight. Last night was just embarrassing and I think you need something to shake you up from that." Alexia says to me.

So said? So done. It was evening before we know it and we ware making our way out to Alexia's Audi.

"We a guh a Rick's Cafe." She says once she starts the car and allows the AC to cool it down before she reverses and started the journey.

Alexia drives easy while taking a few puffs every now and then so the car is filled with clouds and music until we get there.

We immediately make our way over to the bar where Alexia orders a bottle of Remy Martin and a couple margaritas then begins smoking.

"This is what I love!" She screams over Shenseea's voice after a few drinks of VSOP and some more margaritas and about three spliffs.

She pulls out her phone and starts recording her freshly ordered set of margaritas while singing along to the song. "Yesss mek gyal upset! Yes dem sick a bloodclaat mi!"

"A guh outside and come back." I touch my friend. She nods at me.

"Mek sure yuh call mi if anyting."

I go outside and slowly sipped my margarita.

Sometimes when I'm by myself I really wonder what I'm doing and if I am on the right track. Standing outside in the parking lot, looking up at the stars, I always feel at peace though.