Five

After an entire hard week of school I am finally happy to throw my backpack in the corner and myself in my bed on Friday afternoon.

"Thank God." I whisper once I feel my face hit my soft, silky baby pink sheet.

Suddenly my phone begins ringing. "Hello?" It's Jordan.

"Wapm? Wah yah deal wid?" He asks.

I shrug my shoulders even though he can't see me. "Deh yah. Friday evening yuh know di pree."

"Nawmal. Wah yuh seh? Road lata?"

That's a good question. I always end up partying but going with Alexia was way more fun than going with Jordan for many reasons like Jordan always has his friends around and they make me uncomfortable and overall I just don't like men.

"Maybe." Yeah, I probably won't go and based off my response he knows that as well.

"Alright then. I'll just call you back later." He hangs up.

I was absolutely not going to call him back later. I have already planned to go out with Alexia and I know that in this mood I would have more fun with her.

My phone begins ringing and it was her.

"Hey babe." She answers as soon as I pick up. "Do you wanna come over from now or should I just pick you up?"

"I'll drive over. No problem." I tell my parents goodbye and made my way to my car to drive over to Alexia's house and I am there in about fifteen minutes.

I have a key to the house so I open the door and I am immediately attacked by Butter.

"Butter, stop." I command and she obeys. I throw my keys down on the kitchen island and then gave Aunty Denise a big hug.

"Hey, baby. How was school?"

I shrug my shoulders after releasing her from my hug. "School's school. I'm happy that the weekend is here."

She smiles. "Me too. I'm gonna have fun this weekend I don't know about unnu but as far as I'm concerned it's the same plan."

She gestures to a bouquet of roses on the glass coffee table in front of the TV in their living room.

"Aunty Denise?" I exclaim. "Who's the mystery man and how comes mi nuh meet him yet?"

She scoffs. "Chile please. My mystery man dem flowers are in my bedroom and my car that's for your girl."

My eyes widen. "All who nah get flowers a bat."

We both laugh together and shortly after Alexia joins us after picking up the same flowers off the table. She has the biggest smile on her face and that warms my heart.

Alexia will always be my soulmate so seeing her happy instantly made me happy.

"Jade, look look." She excitedly pushes the flowers towards me which I grab and look at it and count thirteen red roses with a note.

Alexia, You're my darling. Chino.

"So you and Chino a gwaan?" I tease her.

I get a shy smile from her as a response. "He wants to go out later but I told him that tonight is for me and my girl."

"What?" My eyes go wide. "No. Why would you do that?"

She looks shocked. "Girl man a man. Wi nuh fuck yet but yah mi girl."

I roll my eyes. "Yes, Alexia. Always. Can see seh yuh like Chino though so you should go out with him."

She eyes me suspiciously. "Why?"

"We go out all the time Alexia."

She sighs then takes out her phone to make a call. Her mood is immediately changed when Chino picks up.

"Chino." She starts the call.

"Alexia." He acknowledges her in the same tone.

"You still wanna do a double date? My friend is available."

I reach over to try to mute her phone but she lifts it higher and out of my reach.

"Go link e dawg." He laughs a little on the other end.

"Alright, link mi back." Alexia hangs up the phone and flashes me a smile.

Tego's P.O.V.

*Chino calling.*

Wah Chino want now?

"Why pree, Chino?"

I hear him shuffling. "Memba di girl dem from last weekend?"

I take a pull from my spliff. "Wapm to them?"

"Yuh nuh wah go out with them later?"

"No." I hang up and start making another spliff when I see my phone ringing. I pause to look at the caller ID.

I groan.

Chino.

The man deaf?

I answer regardless. "Wah yah seh?"

"Dawg the one weh mi like a nice girl enuh but she seh she nah forward cause a she and her friend a par."

I raise an eyebrow.

Chino a run dung mi nerves fi pussy?

Mi nuh give a fuck bout Chino and them gyal deh.

"So?" I ask. Chino releases a deep sigh.

"So mi tell dem seh we can do a double date ting."

I laugh. "Suh find somebody else." I finish building my spliff. "As a matta a fac' the dark catty deven like mi- di one weh yuh wah give me."

"How you know dat?" Chino love fuck around.

"Cause mi know dat. Fuck off Chino."

"Wait- wait, wait!" Chino  exclaims as if he could see my finger hovering over the red button.

"Hurry up."

"Bet seh yuh get pussy tonigh then, Mi know yuh go get e cause mi link Mama G." He laughs but I believe him.

I laugh too. It can't hurt to go out and if that girl doesn't fuck me then someone else definitely will and I have a feeling that Chino actually did go to Mama G cause today was a good day for me.

Friday evening after a bingo.

"A siance." I laugh again which causes Chino to laugh.

"Nawmal. Just link wi deh."