Thirty-Nine

When we get back to the cabin, my entire body is exhausted but Tego insists that since it's the last night we have to go to the restaurant for dinner because the food is good plus him nah cook and me tiyad!

I sit on the floor in-front of the mirror while I put on some lashes and eye makeup.

Tego is on the balcony drinking and smoking while he waits on me.

He enters the room when I finish putting on my lip gloss.

"Right on time?" He winks at me.

I pull him in a hug so he quickly kisses my lips.

"Let me put it back on." He smiles and grabs my lip gloss tube to apply it.

"Know seh mi like fi paint yuh lips." He chuckles.

My face warms up but he just finishes his application and puts my lip gloss on the table again before grabbing my hand and walking with me outside of the cabin and into his car.

We drive for about 10 minutes then he pulls into the parking lot of what I would assume is the restaurant.

We leave the car and the parking lot. We walk down a long trail of floor lights with small palm trees until we get to the desk at the front.

A lady walks to the front flashes him a smile then eyes him.

She looks him up and down.

"Hi, welcome to Talia's." The smile doesn't leave her face and her gaze doesn't leave Tego.

"Hi, table for two." Tego says and meets her gaze.

She glances in my direction but quickly brings back her attention to Tego.

"That's new." She cocks an eyebrow at him.

Excuse me?

Tego chuckles in response then shrugs. "Haffi change e up sometimes, y'know."

"Alright den. Table for..." Her voice trails off because she glances in my direction again. "Two?"

She pulls out two menus. "I'll seat you." She gestures for obviously Tego to follow her.

I still follow Tego and she brings him to an outside seat where the ocean was splashing against some rocks nearby.

We both sit down and she hands each of us a menu.

Thought she didn't know I was here.

"I know that you like this seat." She giggles causing Tego to smile.

Huh?

"Your server will be with you shortly. You can browse through the menu until then." She brushes his shoulder and walks away.

Gyal a walk and whine though.

I release a breath that I didn't even know that I was holding before I finally start browsing through the menu.

"It's nice, right?" Tego says.

I roll my eyes and huff in frustration while staying focused on the menu.

Tego doesn't say anything. I see him look around the place and take in the scenery.

We sit in complete silence for about two minutes before Tego speaks again.

"You decided on what you're gonna get?" He asks.

"Excuse me?" I answer quickly.

"Dem supposed to soon come and ask." He shrugs.

"So why do you have to know what I want? I can speak for myself, thanks." I snap.

"Okay, whatever." He says with another shrug and takes in the scenery once more.

It actually is really nice here especially this seat that seems to be the Tego special.

Outside also has the minimalistic floor lights and the ocean breeze feels heavenly against my skin.

There's also smooth rnb music filling the background but that doesn't stop my mind from racing about Tego's interaction with the girl.

Who is she?

Obviously a him big friend.

"Hi again." I hear her voice. I'm almost sure that I'm just being paranoid but I look up and lo and behold she's there with a smile.

"We were short staffed earlier. I had to fill in for the host so I'll be your server for the night." She giggles.

"A lie." Tego joins her.

I roll my eyes.

She shrugs playfully at Tego. "Have you finished browsing or are you just gonna get your regular?"

The regular?

"Can get the stamp and gos to start." He says.

"That's it?" She asks.

"No," Tego says then glances at the menu once more. "Bring me a drink too. I'll just take a glass of coke and henny."

"Coke and henny, gotcha."

I clear my throat and once both of them look at me I roll my eyes.

"I want the honey barbecue wings and a lychee martini." I say.

"I'll be back." She says to Tego.

"What's wrong with you?" Tego speaks up from across the table as soon as she leaves.

I blink at him rapidly.

"Excuse me?"

"Yuh nuh deaf. Wapm to yuh? Yuh nuh grow wid mannaz or sumn?"

I kiss my teeth in response and push my seat away. "I'm going for a walk."

He doesn't stop me he just takes in the scenery once more.

I walk until I find the beach's entrance to walk on the sand and then I find the perfect spot.

A rock that's barely touching the water.

As soon as I sit there my eyes begin to well up and I try to blink the tears away but they just fall and before I know it my entire face is covered in tears and I'm bawling like a baby.

Why?

Everything was going good and now Tego mek mi leff mi yard fi him embarrass mi. Why didn't he just come here by himself if he knew he was just gonna spend the entire time laughing and flirting with this random light skinned lady?

Random to me not him.

Obviously!

I feel someone touch my shoulder which startles me and causes me to look up and quickly wipe away my tears.

The stranger's brown eyes meet mine but his hand is pulled back and his eyebrows are pushed together in confusion.