Forty-Nine

His face remains emotionless but his eyes wander all over me.

"What are you doing here?" He finally says.

"Excuse me?"

Maybe I don't miss Tego as much as I thought I did five minutes ago when I was finally seeing him in person again and interacting with him again since forever.

"What do you mean?" I continue.

He rolls his eyes. "Here." He gestures around the place with both hands. "Why are you here?" He points to the floor.

It's my turn to roll my eyes. "Tego, fuck off."

He laughs. "You're just kinda slow suh mi haffi mek sure yuh understand weh mi a seh."

"My man wanted me to see the new place." I snap.

He straightens his posture a bit then shakes his head before pushing past me. "Nice seeing you." He turns around and flashes a smile at me.

"Hope you had a great time."

He disappears into the crowd so I decide that it's time for me to go back to Alexia and Nate.

"Feeling better?" Nate asks with a smile when I sit beside him.

I nod. "I'm actually ready for another drink."

He calls over the bartender and I order two more drinks which I finish in no time but as soon as I down the second drink, I instantly feel all of the dizziness at once.

I tap Nate's arm lightly and inform him.

"Do you mind taking a walk with me? We could go to the car park and back because I need to get out of this noise." I explain.

He stands then brings me to my feet. Once I'm joining him, he rests his hand on the small of my waist to guide me for the walk.

Once we get to the car park, I ask Nate if I could sit in his car for a bit so we both sit in the car in silence.

From the corner of my eye, I see a black Crown drift into the driveway and stop at what looks like the back entrance.

I see Tego run out to the car. The driver's door opens and a girl exits.

She is gorgeous.

I felt a small sting in my chest when I saw them pull each other into a big hug.

He has a new girlfriend?

Already?

She's even driving his car.

I decide to look away but without realizing, I also blink away a few tears.

"Jade, what's wrong?" Nate sits up in his seat and brings my face closer to his to catch the remaining tears.

"It's nothing." I mumble and shake my head while I try to pull away from him but his grip remains firm.

"It's fine if you don't wanna talk about it but nuh keep e up pah yuh head." He says. "Cry if you need to."

My face begins to soak with the uncontrollable tears.

Nate pulls me closer to his chest and hugs me while I cry.

I eventually calm down and sober up quite a bit when I see Alexia text me.

U ready?

I react to her message then let Nate know.

"I hope we can spend some more time together again." He says then scratches the back of his neck.

I shrug. "I guess so."

"I like spending time with you." He says.

"Me too. This was fun. I'll text you." I say then kiss his cheek.

I come out of his car and walk over to Chino's car where the black Crown is parked adjacent.

"Hi, Jade." I hear Tego's voice.

My head snaps to the direction of it and he's leaned up against the car.

"Did you have fun here?" He asks.

I nod which he returns.

"I think it's a nice spot and vibe." He says.

"It's okay." I shrug.

"What else should they have had?" He asks.

I pause to think about it. The infrastructure and finishings are modern, the compound has multiple purposes, the service was top tier and it has great views.

"Well we'll see if management can keep this up." I say.

He chuckles. "I'm sure I will but I can keep that in mind."

He hops in his car. "Thanks for the advice, Jade."

He starts it. "We'll see each other again soon."

He drives off.

Alexia and Chino eventually come out to the parking lot and we all go in the car.

"I wonder who owns this place." I say out loud when Chino drives off but he keeps his eyes on the road.

"Mus' somebody rich." Alexia says.

I nod when she looks at me.

I didn't even have full confirmation for whether or not Tego is rich.

I don't know anything about this man.

He seems well off and like he can take care of himself but probably not 21 Families rich.

"Or maybe it's an organization or something... Who knows?" Alexia wonders out loud.

"Chino." I call but his eyes remain on the road and his demeanor stays calm.

"Do you know who own it?" I decide to press.

He shrugs. "Soun' like you know."

"It's Tego's?" I ask without hesitating even though I immediately realize how delusional I sound for believing him.

Chino nods which causes Alexia to sit up.

"That mean seh yuh know long time. Why didn't you tell me? Tego's kinda my friend too." Alexia glares at Chino but that doesn't phase him.

"No reason." He shrugs.

Alexia scoffs but relaxes in her seat again.

"I saw him tonight." I inform them.

"Eee?"

"A him tell mi. Kind of" I say.

Chino nods and the remaining car ride is silent.