Six

Jade's P.O.V.

"Babe, you look gorgeous!" Alexia's exclamation makes me defensively sink back in my shell for a minute even though I know she means well- she's the love of my life but I can't help but feel a bit insecure sometimes even without reason.

It seems like she realizes because she walks over to me and wraps me in a big hug. "Trust me. I would fuck you now if you let me." She whispers in my ear with a small laugh.

I take a step back when she releases me and I look in the full length mirror.

I can see the appeal.

I observe myself from head to toe. My hair is in my one week old blonde, thigh length box braids with edges done thanks to Alexia. My lips are shiny with coconut scented lip gloss. My breasts are popping out of the tiny black dress that Alexia insisted that I wear because "I need dick and everyone is going to want to give me when I look like this". The dress is admittedly sexy though. It's a type of dress that is an essential- a little black dress. It is satin and has strings at the back for support which I did not expect to be enough support for my sized breasts but it holds them nicely and hugs every other curve of my body perfectly.

Alexia is in a black leather outfit and without trying she looks gorgeous as always. Her hair is in straight back cornrows with hearts at the sides all the way to her thighs like mine but hers is burgundy.

"Ready?" Alexia has her bag in hand. I nod which makes her take out her phone and call Chino.

By the next fifteen minutes Chino pulls up in his Black Land Rover and presses the horn twice.

We make our way downstairs and go in the car. His friend is in the passenger seat and Alexia and I sit at the back.

I breathe in a controlled manner the entire drive to the club to prepare myself for the night and before I know it we pull up to the place.

Chino immediately takes Alexia's hand and they walk off together leaving that guy and I awkwardly in the back.

"Like yah look a fuck tonight." He immediately says to me once Chino and Alexia were no longer in earshot.

I roll my eyes. "Maybe but not from you."

He puts his hand over his chest with a facial expression feigning hurt. "That hurts babe. I was really hoping that I would get piece tonight."

He comes closer to me as we trail behind Chino and Alexia and approach the music as it starts getting louder and louder. He rests his hand on my shoulder. "Yuh look good- dats all mi did a seh."

He gives me a smile. "Thanks." I answer but I sound shy.

He seems to realize. He brushes his fingers lightly against my cheek. "You should be more confident."

I look up at him and he immediately removes his hand and puts it in his pocket then releases a sigh.

"You think so?" I ask him still looking at him.

"Stop deal wid mi." He snaps and begins to walk ahead of me. "Mi deven know yuh." He eventually walks away from me and I am left confused by the sudden emotional switch.

I continue to walk when I see him sitting on the wall with his head in his hands.

I walk over to him and jab him in his chest which causes him to look up at me. "Yuh weird nuh fuck." I would yell but the place has too much people and I hate causing a scene because it's embarrassing to me.

He pushes his eyebrows together but doesn't answer me. "Don't touch me."

I laugh at his audacity. "What's wrong with you?"

He narrows his eyes at me. "Not a ting nuh wrong wid mi." He gets up and looks down at me with his eyes still narrowed. "Yuh nuh know mi and mi nuh know yuh and mi definitely nuh wah know yuh suh fuck off."

He is only loud enough for me alone to hear but that did not make it hurt less or be less embarrassing.

I can feel the tears running and I can't even stop them.

My breath grows heavy and my chest begins to hurt.

He uses his index finger to lift my chin since my head was down and he narrows his eyes at me once more. "You're embarrassing. Go to the bathroom and get a hold of yourself."

I slap his finger away even though he was right. I storm off to the bathroom and luckily it is before all the drunk supportive club bathroom girls are there because I know they would have me crying more just to cheer me up after but at this time I just want to fix myself and process this whole thing another time.

I do exactly that and go to the bathroom to get myself together and wash my face.

When I go back outside I see him standing there. When he spots me he makes his way over to me.

"Yuh good now?" He could never be speaking to me so I ignore him.

My night has been going terribly so far. I just want to go home to Mimi. "Do you have the car keys?" I finally ask him after minutes of us walking in silence.

He nods which causes us to walk over to the car. We sit inside and he turns on the AC.

im in the car whenever you're ready

Alexia responds immediately.

Okay, babe. If you wanna leave now just lmk and I'll come out.

In all honesty mi yard a call mi but I know Alexia is having fun and it's just my bad luck that I'm unfortunately paired with this guy.

nah that's all g. when you're done just come out if i don't come in before.

As expected she answers the same time.

No problem!

"Just because someone says you look good- like that shouldn't affect your confidence." I hear this nigga start speaking as soon as I finish reading Alexia's message. "Like jus' cause somebody seh yuh ugly mean seh yuh ugly?"

I roll my eyes at him. "Shut up."

He scoffs but doesn't say anything.

"Yuh chat too much." I start and he looks in my direction with his eyes narrowed. "Every day yuh run yuh fucking mout' and nuh mek nuh sense."

It's his turn to roll his eyes but he still says nothing.

I wonder if his friend is anything like him but based off what Alexia says Chino is a nice guy. He even sent her flowers so his actions seem to be genuine and pure.

"Chino likes Alexia?" My thoughts drive me to ask the question.

He shrugs before I even finish the question.

"When yuh fi deh chat yuh turn mute." I kiss my teeth. "How yuh nuh know?"

He releases a deep breath. "Bredda mi nuh know. Ask Chino."

Suddenly his phone starts ringing- it's a banger phone.

"Yo?" He answers and his face immediately twists into a scowl.

In the same breath I see Alexia walking over quickly to the car and she looks confused but she sits beside me in the back and the guy jumps out of the front leaving the car on while still on his banger phone.

"What's happening?" I ask Alexia even though she looks confused.

She shrugs. "Chino just touched me and told me to come back to the car and make sure it's on then he went on his phone."

Before I could get another word in we hear multiple gun shots and screams which cause me to cover my ears then we see Chino and his friend run come back to the car and immediately speed off.