Forty-Eight

After a week Alexia finally gets back around but I still don't tell her about Nate.

Nate and I have been talking over the phone and meet up twice to get Starbucks.

"Do you still wanna go to that new place's grand opening?" Alexia says from the other end of the phone.

A new lounge and club is opening along the coast and everyone at school is excited for the grand opening because there's gonna be artistes and surprises.

"Yeah, it'll be cool." I say and Alexia verbally agrees.

Before I know it, Saturday evening finds me doing my finishing touches for Alexia to pick me up.

I spray on some perfume then take a few pictures after touching up my lip gloss and taking a look in the mirror.

My black dress clings to my ass cheeks from the side and my hair is covering the backless aspect of it.

Nate also says he's going to stop by so I'm also excited to see him.

Outside.

I like Alexia's message, grab my bag then go out to her.

Chino sits in the driver's seat and Alexia turns around to look at me from the seat beside him.

"Hey, babe." She smiles. "You look gorgeous, yummy girl!"

While she takes in my outfit, I do the same to her.

She has on a wrapped denim skirt barely covering her ass and a strapless pink corset top. Her honey blonde body wave hair falls against her shoulders and complements her tone.

"No, you." I giggle.

She smiles at me then turns to look straight ahead.

"I hope this party is all that because it's been getting a lot of hype." Alexia huffs.

"It's gonna be good." Chino says.

Alexia and I make small talk until we get to the venue.

It's grand!

At the end of our coastal journey, there's a main gate that says 'Opulent' across the centre in gold, cursive witting with a security booth on either side of it.

Chino barely cracks his window before the security at the front speaks into his mic then the gate slowly opens.

Chino speeds into the venue, goes up the hill and around the corner to park. There are a good number of cars here so far and the parking lot is huge.

We all exit the car with Chino leading. He brings us over to another side with multiple people sitting with hookahs and having food.

We go to a seat and Alexia orders a hookah and drinks.

I check my phone when I feel it vibrate and see a text from Nate.

'Just got here. Do you wanna see me?'

A smile creeps its way onto my face so I tell him 'yes' and that I'll let him know when I'm ready.

When the hookah and drinks come out, Alexia starts singing the songs that are playing and we both drink and smoke.

We begin giggling and talking.

The first performer comes.

450..

He performs for about 15 minutes then the DJ begins to play music again then I feel my phone vibrate again.

That was good!

I decide to answer him at the same time.

I'm ready to see you.

He likes my message. Meet me at the parking lot because the music is really loud.

I bite the inside of my cheek, wondering if I'm making the right decision but I decide to tell him sure.

I hesitantly show Alexia the messages so she at least knows where I'm going.

She doesn't seem annoyed or angry though. She just nods and gives me a quick hug.

I walk all the way over to the parking lot and there I see him, leaning against his black GLE.

"Hi." He sounds nervous. He also puts his hands in either pocket.

"Hi." I greet.

"This place is really cool." He decides to make conversation.

"It is." I agree.

"Can I buy you a drink tonight?" He asks.

I shrug. "Sure."

"I really like you." He says suddenly.

Oh.

I smile. "Me too."

He returns the smile and scratches the back of his neck.

"That's good." He releases a nervous chuckle the. removes his hand.

I give him a quick peck on the lips then smile at him.

He chuckles then pulls me into a big hug.

I embrace him and we relax into each other's warmths.

"Do you want that drink now?" He asks.

I pull away from the hug to answer him. "Sure."

We walk back to the party and go to the bar where he orders me a drink.

After a few drinks and a couple more performances..

"I need to pee." I tell Nate.

He nods then quickly stands up and holds my bag for me while he walks by my side to the bathroom then he walks back a little away where I can still see him.

Probably so he isn't chilling by the women's restroom.

I quickly run inside and get an empty stall then pee. When I finish, I wash my hands and freshen up then go outside.

As soon as I step outside, someone bumps into me then grabs me quickly to steady me.

"Sorry." The person mumbles the releases me.

The voice makes me look up immediately and my heart flutters for a bit when I confirm who I'm standing in front of.

"Jade." He breathes.

I'm too shocked to answer.