Twenty-Seven

"I don't know what to do."  I think out loud while looking at the party in the distance.

"You don't have to do anything." Tego says.

I almost forgot that he was still here.

"I mean it doesn't actually involve you and to be honest, this seems beyond stressful for anyone that is actually involved."

"They're my best friends." I snap.

"So?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"So, I still have to be there for them."

"Suh your loyalty run deep?" He snickers but I just roll my eyes.

"Tego, this entire situation isn't funny so stop laughing and trying to be funny."

"Don't take out your problems on me." He quips. "I didn't do anything to you so if you want to get mad at anyone then get mad at the people that actually pissed you off and ruined your night."

"Excuse me?" It's my turn to raise my eyebrow at him.

"Redirect your anger." He shrugs while saying it.

"You're not much of a real support system." I speak before sighing because now I suddenly feel all the world's problems on my shoulders again.

"Why would you want to pick an argument with me after all that just happened?" I look him up and down but he doesn't answer verbally. He just shrugs.

"I'm not picking an argument with you and you shouldn't assume that. Obviously I'm the most stable person in your life and you're not taking advantage of it."

I scoff at his response. "Most stable? Tego, you're a ticking bomb that goes off for anything and everyone knows that."

"Me?" He looks shocked.

I'm too tired to even process his reaction so I just sigh before answering him.

"It's fine, Tego. I'll just go home and I'll talk to you when you feel like talking to me." I try to relax my shoulders and although he doesn't verbally respond, he nods knowingly at me so I just go to my car and make my way home.

I finally get to feel my clean skin against my sheet after all the drama that I can still only barely process and God knows that I don't really want to.

I close my eyes and put my head face down in my pillow to steady myself in the moment and take some deep breaths.

How do I move on from this?

My phone buzzes beside me so I lift up my head to check.

Jordan.

Why the fuck is Jordan calling my fucking phone?

I blow dung.

"Hello?" I angrily answer.

"Hello?" He sounds taken aback.

"Jordan be real. Why are you calling me?"

He chuckles. "Wow, Jade. Why am I calling you? Are you serious?"

I kiss my teeth before hanging up then blocking him.

A few minutes later my phone buzzes again.

Unknown number.

Jordan thinks he's such a genius but I give in and answer because I can't imagine what he has to say.

"Oh..." His voice trails off after a few seconds of dead air.

"Well look who decided to answer."

I roll my eyes without even thinking.

Why do men