Thirteen

"And then what happened?" Alexia asks, smiling at me for the millionth time.

It's finally the weekend until school again on Monday and I had a fun time with Tego that I absolutely cannot forget because other than the fact that it was absolutely amazing- Alexia will not stop asking me things about it just to find another detail to squeal over.

"And then we went again." I smile at her.

She laughs loudly as if she hasn't heard all of this already. "Birth control better come in clutch!"

She laughs again before going on her phone then I see her face twist into confusion.

"You haven't seen this?" She holds up her phone for me to see.

A popular Instagram page known for this type of content posted videos of a major accident involving a coaster bus, a Suzuki Vitara and my heart stopped for a second when I saw the next vehicle.

A black Crown.

I don't even know his license plate number but that wouldn't even be very helpful considering the entire car is crushed from both the front and the back.

"When last have you spoken to him?" Alexia's voice brings me back to reality.

"Last night."

I take out my phone and dial his number but it goes directly to voicemail regardless of where I call.

Whatsapp? No answer.

It's not even ringing. Just calling.

Facetime? No answer.

Straight call? Voicemail.

Alexia pushes her eyebrows together then kisses her teeth. "I'm gonna call Chino."

She holds the phone to her ear the breathes a sigh of relief signaling that the phone got picked up.

"Are you okay?" She breathes then listens intently.

"No, I saw an accident online-" She pushes her eyebrows together again and her face twists into confusion then she angrily hangs up the phone.

"What the fuck?" She sounds like she's speaking to herself.

"What did he say?" I'm beginning to be worried.

"He said he can't talk right now. He'll call me back."

Tego's P.O.V.

"Yuh call your b?" Chino asks me after hanging up his phone.

"Why yah ask mi dat?"

Sometimes Chino too bomboclaat nuff.

Always wants to know everybody business but he's not gonna always know mine.

That's one thing for sure.

"They're concerned."

I sigh. "Concerned fi wah?"

Every day is something new. Concerned?

"Some accident online."

I kiss my teeth and then pull out my phone to check the only Instagram page I could think of when I hear about an accident.

Terrible accident with a black Crown on this is a blast.

That's crazy...

"We can't focus on how they feel right now. We have things to deal with." I mumble and adjust my strap in my waist before turning back up my music.

Jade's P.O.V.

I've been trying non stop to get him but it keeps going straight to voicemail.