Forty-One

I've been home for the past three weeks because my lectures have been online and I don't really go anywhere else.

I'm mostly staying in with my parents and my dog. I get a few calls from Alexia too but it's mostly for studying or a small bit of catch up.

Neither of us have an issue with it because when it's exam time- it's serious time and this is my final year of community college meanwhile Alexia is gearing up for her third year in university.

I've been keeping up with Tego and he's come by to stay a few days over the course of that time but before I knew it, I had exams right around the corner and I really needed to get my shit together and start studying.

Which is exactly why I'm on my bed with books surrounding me as I close them and try to quiz myself out loud to remember the course content.

I take a few breaks in between to relax my mind for a bit but I hop back on and keep the routine throughout the entire exam period.

The time runs off quickly and here I am going to get a drink with Alexia to celebrate the end of the season.

I wear a cute sundress that has a sun flower pattern and pair it with my yellow strap up Bridgets and my white Marc Jacobs crossbody bag.

"Girl, those exams had me stressed." Alexia greets me as soon as I enter the vehicle.

She has on a crochet pink ombre dress with pink Hermes slippers and a white Prada nylon bag.

"Mi a tell yuh." I close the door and she pulls out of the driveway.

"How do you think you did?" She asks.

I shrug. "I think I did good."

She nods. "At least it's over with now and we can celebrate."

"Any plans for the summer?" I ask her.

"Nothing that's sure as yet." She says. "You?"

I don't have any specific plans either. I have some ideas that I'm working off of but nothing is concrete.

I definitely need to finish my uni applications, take a river trip or two to cool off from the heat and probably check out a few parties.

I shrug in response though because those are broad ideas and Alexia already knows that I have to send out uni applications because unlike her this is my first year of uni.

"Nothing specific."

She nods once more. "I know you'll probably have a party though." I say.

She giggles. "Probably."

"What else do you have planned?" I ask.

"Probably the party and probably take a trip but nothing crazy." She responds.

We pull up to the restaurant and head straight to the bar section and take a seat.

"Two sour amarettos, please." Alexia flashes a smile at the bartender as soon as he approaches us.

"Sure thing." He returns the smile then starts to prepare the drinks.

"How was the trip?" Alexia asks.

"The other day?"

"Yeah, when I saw you."

I shrug. "It was good."

Her eyebrows push together then she mocks my body language. "What do you mean 'it was good'?"

I take a sigh before taking a long sip of the freshly presented drinks.

"It was good and then it was weird."

Her eyebrows push together even more. "What made it weird?"

I take another sip before explaining the entire weekend to Alexia not leaving out any major details. She gives me a range of emotions almost as if she was experiencing it with me as I told her about it.

"So he basically treats you like a princess then completely forgets about you because of some gyal and then gets mad at you for looking at someone?" She asks.

I nod.

"Damn." She says. "That's crazy."

"And the worst part is that if I got up and left the table because he was literally all over that other girl he would throw a fit but he's gonna tell me not to talk to strangers." I roll my eyes.

"He's kind of crazy- I don't know." She shrugs. "He's sweet though."

I cock an eyebrow at her. "Sweet?"

"I mean you can tell that he obviously loves you and he treats you good it just looks like he's a bit paranoid and extreme."

"I don't know. I guess I'll talk to him about it." I tell her.

The amount of liquor that I had been drinking finally settles on my bladder so I tell Alexia that I'm going to pee and be right back.

I bring my bag with me and head straight to the bathroom downstairs.

After I finish peeing I go back outside when a familiar face comes into view.

It's the stranger from my disastrous date.

"Hi." He flashes a smile at me.

Seeing him under natural light in the day time makes his features softer. He looks kinder.

"Hi."

"You look great." He observes me from head to toe.

"Thank you." I take myself in from head to toe as well just to make sure.

"You're welcome." I offer an awkward smile and try to walk past him but he grabs hold of my arm.

"Where's your boyfriend?" He asks.

I try to shake my hand out of his grip but it feels like it gets even tighter.

"Sorry?"

He pulls me close to him and grips even tighter.

"Tego- yuh man. Him nuh deh yah suh weh him deh?"