Fourteen

The term finally comes to an end and we can officially take our Christmas break.

I take a look at my grades so far.

Top of my classes as always.

Back a di class but I still come out on top.

I drive to the shipping company to pick up all my packages that I bought specifically for this moment.

I know I would need some happy hormones in my life to add to the lack of school for the next three weeks.

I love retail therapy. Shopping literally makes me happy in a way that words can't explain which is why even though I'm fortunate enough to not have to work and still get everything I want I still do because it feels even better when I know that it's my own.

After picking up my packages I see an incoming call.

Jordan.

"Hi."

"Hey," He responds. "I didn't see you at school today."

I was avoiding him.

His actions are always beyond weird to me so I know that sometimes I have to avoid him- like today.

"Yeah, I don't know why." I shrug my shoulders even though he can't see me.

"That's alright though. How are your grades so far? It's our final year so-"

I cut him off before he goes further. "My grades are awesome actually. Top of my classes and a straight A profile."

I smile to myself.

I'm a slut for many things but academic validation is one of the greatest things. Since a very young age, I've always been excellent in my studies and praised for it.

"Oh, that- that's great!" He laughs a little.

I even like when my classmates are happy for me because I am always happy for them so I feel warm on the inside from Jordan's validation.

"Yeah, it is. How are yours?"

He does a small, awkward laugh which from experience I know is followed by an awkward neck scratch.

"Last year you know? I gotta buckle down but I'll be fine."

I nod slowly then realize he can't see me. "Yeah, you just gotta do what you gotta do."

He takes a deep breath. "Wah yuh seh a gwaan fi di break though?"

"No plans so far." I mumble.

No one's asked me to do anything so far and I haven't tried making plans either. So far it's a go with the flow kind of break.

"Suh yuh nuh wah touch a party later?"

Depends..

"Check mi back later." I simply say and he gives a verbal head nod.

"Alright then, later Jade." He hangs up the phone after kissing teeth and I get to resume my music and finish my drive in peace to my house.

I won't let Jordan's bad attitude affect me because he has no reason to act like this.

When I get home I'm greeted by my baby.

"Hi Mimi." I stoop down and rub her head causing her to lick my hand.

I play with her a little more then I hear my mother clear her throat.

"Hi mommy." I stand up to face her to which she brings me into a big hug with a smile.

"Girl, how are the grades?" She asks after releasing me from the hug.

I pull my phone out to show her the grades to which she slowly nods and smiles. "That's good and I expect nothing less from you."

My mother is of a thicker build with slightly darker skin than mine. She was gifted with perfectly white and straight teeth that she always flashes as someone who loves to laugh and smile once she's gotten rid of the resting bitch face. She has mid-back length relaxed hair that she normally puts up in a sleek ponytail or bun to take on her lawyer tasks.

I see my father peek behind her and once his eyes meet mine he smiles as well.

My father is even darker than my mother with a slim build. He's bald and always smiling. He's a popular businessman in Montego Bay and overall Jamaica.

"Hi daddy."

"Hi princess." He ruffles my hair. "I see that you're doing well in school as expected."

"I'm happy about it."

He nods slowly. "Any plans for the break?"

I shake my head. "So far, no but I am always open to surprise dates." I jokingly wink at him.

His face is immediately taken over by a wide smile. "Aw, you know I love taking my princess on dates- especially surprise ones."

"I know you'll always be a daddy's girl but we can do something together sometimes too." My mother fakes a pout.

My father immediately grabs her by her ass and picks her up to pepper her entire body with kisses, smiling against her skin.

"You know that you're both my girls."

I playfully roll my eyes and walk past my parents and straight to my room to shower and take a nap.

I wake up from my nap to a message from my mother.

We're going out to dinner at 7 princess.

I check the time.

It's almost 5.

I use the less than two hours that I have to get ready. I do my makeup lightly and a swoop ponytail on my braids. I decide to wear a white ruched dress with spaghetti straps with my ripped denim jacket to throw over it and pair it with my white stilettos with gold heels but bringing my flat, white Tory Burch slippers just in case. I also take up my white Telfar bag.

"Jade!" My mother calls.

I check the time.

Shit it's 7:30

She will leave me enuh.

I put in huge, gold hoops and touch up my lip gloss quickly before grabbing my gold and white glasses dashing downstairs to see that they already left the house and are in the black X6 waiting on me.

I blink through my glasses to see better and my vision immediately clears to my mother pushing past my father and aggressively pressing down on the horn for me to hurry up.

I jump in the back of the car and I'm greeted by my mother kissing her teeth repeatedly.

"Imagine.."

hey bookies 💕 i introduced jade's parents in this chapter. i understand that it's a first impression but how do you guys feel about them and were y'all anticipating meeting them? lmk all your thoughts even if they're negative lol