Thirty-Six

The walk feels like it would never end but I eventually realize that there are no more rose petals left so I finally look up.

"Hi." The pilot offers a small smile.

I nod my head in response as my eyes move to what is behind him.

The helicopter is waiting on us.

I turn around and see Tego standing cautiously.

"Do you like it?" He pushes his eyebrows together.

I run and jump into his arms and he seems startled at first but he quickly catches me.

"I love it!" I squeal into his ear.

I feel a smile form against my skin from him.

"I'm glad you do." He whispers.

He walks with me still in his arms then places me in the seat before sitting right beside me.

The pilot flashes us a polite smile so we put on our headphones and take off.

As we ascend, the sky draws me in completely. All of the different hues of pinks, blues and oranges combine to create the most beautiful scenery.

It could be the breathtaking image below me or it could be the fact that I couldn't hear anything but I didn't even realize that Tego's hand was resting on top of mine.

I watch as the muscles strain over his hand gripping mine.

My eyes trail over his entire frame and take in his hunched over posture.

I offer him reassurance by covering his hand as well and I immediately feel his muscles relax and his shoulders fall a bit.

The aesthetics of the flight all come blissfully to an end as we land.

We remove our headphones and leave the aircraft.

Tego takes my hand in his and immediately begins to swing hands with me while giggling like a school girl.

"It's pretty up there." I mumble without even realizing.

My reaction earns me a snicker.

"Like you." He sheepishly replies.

My cheeks immediately heat up. "Thank you."

He grabs my other hand then places a box there. "Pretty girls wear pretty things."

I open the box and take out the dainty, shiny object.

The pendant glistens from the sunset beams.

"I can put it on for you if you would like me to." He sheepishly offers.

I hand him the necklace while turning slightly and pull my hair to the side.

He brushes his fingertips lightly against my neck after I feel it fall on my chest.

"I knew it'd look pretty against your skin." He mumbles close to my ear.

The air creeps down my neck and straight to my centre.

"Thank you." I politely offer.

He chuckles lightly before placing a kiss on my neck.

"You're welcome, Jade." He whispers against my skin.

We walk all the way to the 2 X6s waiting on us. A smile immediately covers his face.

Chino comes out and tosses a set of keys to Tego.

"Wah gwaan maamz?" He greets me with a smile.

I shrug my shoulders as an awkward response. The second vehicle's back window opens to show Alexia smiling and waving before exiting the car.

"Girl, mi and yuh haffi guh call." She says as she makes her way over to me.

"Eee?" I raise a suspicious eyebrow at her.

"A you mi fi deh seh that to." She pulls me in for a hug.

"It's been absolutely perfect so far. I can't wait to tell you all about it." I whisper to her.

"Eager to hear all about it babe." She whispers back before placing a light kiss against my forehead while pulling away.

"Soon exam time enuh." I remind her as I myself suddenly remember as well.

She fans me off. "We'll definitely make time to study together."

"Alright." I say before going in the car that Tego is in and Jade goes back to the car that she was in.

After securing my seatbelt he begins driving while being focused on the road.

In about twenty minutes, he arrives at a cabin. He parks the car then hops out with two duffle bags.

"Look, it's one for me and one for you." He chuckles. "Neva wah yuh start bite up yuhself seh yuh nuh have no clothes and som'n."

A helpless smile creeps unto my face. "Okay. Whatever, Mr. Prepared."

"Bredda yuh miserable so I just had to make sure that everything is perfect." He smiles at me.

My face warms at the thought of Tego meticulously planning this entire trip in his own way so it would be perfect for the both of us.

Perfect to him because he wouldn't be here otherwise.

Perfect to me because he did it.

"Thanks." I mumble sheepishly, the smile still spread across my face from the gesture.

He shrugs in response but his eyes don't leave mine. "Perfect trip for a perfect girl."