Forty-Three

"Yuh fool nuh bomboclaat." He growls.

He keeps me pinned up against him and notifies his friend about what I did.

They scurry all over the house to get all of their stuff and the guy that has me pinned is obviously slowed down but they eventually gather everything and go back to the garage after leaving my phone in the house.

We go inside the car and begin to reverse out of the driveway.

"Shit." The man beside me says as soon as the car is at the top.

I realize that he's looking in the mirror so I take a look as well and see 2 cars on the curb.

That isn't what they were looking at though.

Tego is leaning against the door of the garage and is now directly in front of us.

He presses the button on the side and walks directly up to the car.

He then open the door and flashes a smile at us in the car after leaning down to look who is there.

"Jade, what's going on? You should go to Alexia. She's been worried."

I gulp slowly because this just all seems to be very strange to me.

I turn to the door to open it but it's yanked open instead and Alexia carries me away quickly but as soon as we hear some loud explosions, she runs with me to the car.

"What happened?" I ask her and try to search her eyes for an answer but she just looks off into the distance.

I decide to look through the car window behind her instead and see Tego and someone else run come.

She then takes me into a hug where she rests my head against her chest.

Tego jumps in our car and starts driving while the other person drives the other car.

"Jade, yah bomboclaat eediat?" Tego screams.

I flinch unintentionally.

I've heard Tego mad and screaming already and even quietly rude but this is the worst him eva behave.

"Eh?" He slams the steering wheel.

"Huh?" I ask

He starts driving even faster and blow dung.

"Likkle girl..."

He turns to look at me pressed against Alexia's breast.

"Yuh coulda dead, Jade." He starts quietly.

"Who knows what those people would've done to you?" He screams which causes me to flinch but Alexia tightens her arms around me.

"Yuh too fuckin' fool, Jade. Yuh fi 'ave sense enuh."

He kisses his teeth then directs his attention back to the road.

"What if you were there by yourself and it was all up to you to survive?" He mumbles.

He brings me to Alexia's house and we both go upstairs.

He doesn't say bye or even glances in my direction before I close the door.

He just speeds off.

Alexia and I go up to her room and shower before lounging in her room while we watch The Kardashians.

I finally muster up enough courage to speak to Alexia.

"Alexia?" I call.

She cocks her head in my direction, but has her gaze on her phone's screen.

"Yea?"

To be fair, she's been on her phone nonstop since we got here. The only time she paused was to roll a spliff which has not left her mouth.

"Who was the other person?" I ask her.

She sighs before answering.

"I knew it would be dangerous, but that was unreal." She lets out a sad chuckle.

"Was it scary for you?" I ask her.

"It could've been worse." She shrugs, "It was scary though."

"You're right." I nod. "I'm gonna get some juice. Do you want anything from downstairs?" I stand up.

"Yeah, bring sweets and pizza." She sits up to roll another spliff.

I leave her in the room and make my way downstairs.

I go to the fridge first to get some juice and see Aunty Denise getting something too.

"Hi, baby." She pulls me into a hug. "I didn't know you were here."

"Yeah, Alexia and I came over like 2 hours ago." I inform her.

"Oh, she told me that there was an emergency." She says.

I sigh before answering.

"Yeah, it was crazy and kinda traumatic." I tell her.

She closes the fridge doors, leads me to the stools and places her hand over mine.

"That's a strong word, Jade; and since you just went through something traumatic I have to ask if you're okay." She speaks softly to me.

"I mean, I will be but I know that Alexia and I will be okay." I explain to her.

She nods understandingly before leaving me.

I get the pizza, snacks and sweets and had some more juice before going upstairs where Alexia and ai watch movies until we fall asleep.