Chapter 11

I opened my eyes to the recognisable ceilling. My gaze scanned the infirmary room. My head hurts so much. My bandaged arms can be seen when I raise my hand. Oh my, it will definitely leave scars...

"Oh you're awake, Lady Rikaris?" An adult voice was audible. I looked to my left and noticed the nurse. She had quite unusual pink hair. I got up and gave her another look.

"What... happen?" I asked her. She smiled gently and pick up her notepad. Slowly she flip it open and read it.

"Well, Lady Kanami send you here." She said but her eyes still locked on the notepad. Shikari?.. oh yea..she..

"Eskimo kiss.." I murmur while tinkering with my nose. She cocks her head in perplexity.

"Did you say anything?" She asked me to make sure she's not hearing things. My cheek turned a shade of fiery red as I winced.

"Oh- uh.. Nothing.." I mumbled something. She grinned and left the room, leaving me on the bed. What is happening to me? I simply ponder my bandaged palm.

"Huh? What the.." I murmur and examine my palm more closely. My mark is altering in colour. It has a strange turquoise colour now.

"Lady Martina?..." Her sweet voice could be heard. I turn to look at the entrance and spot her adorable form. She checks my mood as she carefully slides her feet inside the room.

"Are you feeling better?" Shikari said as she approached me. Without any cause, my heart began racing. Why am I this way? I'm acting strangely.

"Yes, I felt much better now. Thanks Shikari-san." I appreciate her while smiling happily. Her face had a tint red while she nodded.

"Can you walk?" Shikari spoke while extending her hand. I nodded before I took her hand and tried to get off the bed. I stood up perfectly and smiled gently at her.

"Now let's go to class.." I said as I left the room. The nurse who is taking care of me may be seen standing beside the entrance as we enter. As we walked away, she cast me a suspicious look. Weird..

...

Lady Martina was walking beside me like nothing happened. Is the nurse saying the truth?

«Flashback»

"Ah! Is Lady Martina okay?!" I asked the nurse. She smiled gently as she walked to me. She nodded and gave me information about her health. Thanks god nothing is serious..

"But there's one thing bothering me.." she said and gave me the chills. I tilt my head in confusion.

"Well for some reason... I can smell stingy dark magic scent from her.. I also see the black cloud thingy were still clinging on her. Is she perhaps a dark magic user?" She asked me in worried tone but dark stare. I was shocked at this state. No way Lady Martina will do that.

"No.. of course no! She's not that type of person!" I said while looking desperate. She seems glad to heard that but she still had the dark stare.

"Or maybe...someone has use dark magic on her..." she said in dark tone. Someone?! Who will do that such of thing like that!

"Well, just watched over her Next time.. if you don't want to lost her.." she said and left.

«Flashback end»

Lady Martina would never do something like that! I look admiringly at Lady Martina's serene face. In that case... I had to protect her more strictly..

...

Shikari and I followed each other as she made her way to the cafeteria. Finally, we arrived and took a peaceful seat at one of the tables. I could feel everyone staring, and then one by one, the kids who had seen me involved in a duel approached me. Shikari glares at them, thinking they're trying to make fun of me.

"You're so cool!" I heard one of the girls said. I was shocked. They really doesn't hated me... they...just the same..

"Wow can you teach me that magic?"

"How much mana you had?"

"Did you see that you almost knock her down!"

"That's amazing!" I received a barrage of praise and admiration. Although I'm relieved that they don't despise me, I'm becoming anxious. Shikari did her best to keep me close to her in order to shield me from them. I can felt her warmth..

"Oi.." A voice was heard saying. I turn my head and look at the woman who I nearly killed. Her face was covered in bandages. She held my hand and gave me a respectful gaze as I felt horrible.

"I'm sorry okay!" She said while had a shade of blush on her face. No I'm the one that should apologised..

"By the way can you teach me how to master my magic like yours!?" She said while looking at me with the sparkling eyes. Oh shit... she also admire me..

"Okay shut up, pick me's!" A raspy voice was heard saying. A group of students wearing mostly grey or black clothing may be seen entering the cafeteria. They are seated on the additional seven vacant tables that were intended for the Evils. Oh, they are evil, right? Then I see the well-known Asuka figure, who is obviously weary and dead. What happened to her lovely face?

I stood up after being the centre of attention and approached Asuka. She reacted violently when I touched her shoulder. I hate what they did to her. When she spotted me, Asuka's eyes briefly sparkled.

"You..."

"I'm Martina Rikaris, nice meeting you.." She's clearly tired as I can see in her expressions.

"Are you okay!" She asked and point at my bandaged arms.

"Is it that time.."

"No! Its because something else.." I remarked as I lightly scratched my neck. Shikari was trying to keep all my admire away from me as I talking to her.

"I'm sorry about yesterday..." she said and looked down. I smiled gently and patted her head.

"Don't worry.. but uhh.." her head perked up.

"Are you really an Evil?" I asked her carefully to not hurt her emotion. She looked down in depressed state.

"Yes.. I know that you hate me.."

"Huh? No! I'm sure they wrong!"

"You think that too!?" She said while looking at me in excitement when I have the same opinion as her.

"Yes.. well are you okay?" I asked her back as I brush my finger on the smudged coal ashes on her forehead.

"Not really.." She described what they discover and their strange activities. I also had angry and pitiful feelings. Although she is still new, she had to experience that.

"Don't worry, I will prove them wrong.. and keep your mind sane okay?"

"Yes, thanks for your help!" She said and smiled brightly. I had a small shade of red on my cheek as I stare at her innocent smile.

"Oi! Who are you trying to hurt our members!?" I heard some of the Evils yelled at me. Well maybe they're the one that's crazy..
_______________________

Love womens