Chapter 30

My eyes flutter awake as they squint in the sun's intense glare. I slowly get out of the comfortable bed and look up to the ceiling. Good morning, I suppose.

I glance at my hip while slightly ruffling my hair. Oh...i should get ready....

When I think back to the incident that occurred yesterday, my body trembles. I exhaled and slightly bit my lower lip. I have promised to Shikari, I shouldn't disappointed her too like... Takashi...

AH! Get ready for class and stop being such an emo! It's not as if I'll be despised like before! Right....?

Time skip..

Okay, I had my books and my new hairstyle ready. We ought to always dress well, heh. I was now in front of the door to my dorm. Okay, just turn the ridiculous doorknob and leave. Easy!

My hand shook as it tried to reach forward and turn the doorknob. Ugh darn it!

Creakk..

The door automatically opens, revealing Horika standing in front of me. She almost made me scream when I saw her because of the deadly look she had. Is she in a foul mood?

Her expression altered when she noticed me.

"Ah Martina! What are you doing here?! Come on or Shikari will scold me more please..." She pleased and grab my wrist to drag me.

"E-e-eh??" I said while allowing her to drag me around.

I felt the stares as I simply followed her. through the people. Where I used to be liked by them.

I am overwhelmed by it. I just wanna run and screamed on top of my lung. This emotion is draining...

To get closer to Horika, I hurry along till I find Shikari and Asuka waiting for me. Shikari approaches me when she sees us and gives me a gentle hug.

"You actually came! Glad you did!" She said with joy.

Her embraces are soothing and inviting. I would like the universe to stop spinning if possible so that I could appreciate this reassuring hug.

I squeezed her closer till Horika yanked her away.

"Chill out, Martina still not revived from the accident yesterday.." She said in an irritated manner.

Once more, they fought. I just stared at them as I felt my heart is blooming a flower. Their funny behaviour caused me to smile and chuckle a little.

They turn to face me after hearing my fleeting giggle.

"U-um lets get to class..." Shikari stumbled when a faint redness appeared on her cheek.

Then, with me in the middle, we begin to walk to the classroom. We genuinely feel like a close-knit bunch of friends. Or maybe we already are. I was a little pleased about it.

But something will always be able to destroy it.

I experienced all the stares and vile whispers once more. I had the impression that I was plunging into a deep, black pit. The dark frightened me.

My palms begin to perspire, and I feel a small amount of body trembling.

Thankfully, Shikari became aware of my situation. She leaned in close to my ear and joined our arms like a padlock.

"Ignore them, don't let their evil whispers destroy your confidence..." She softly whispers.

I nodded and exhaled all of my dread and anxiety. I am able to ignore all the intense stares and whispers. Shikari helped me feel a little lighter in the head.

After sending Horika to her own classroom, we finally make it to the classroom. In the seat between Asuka and Shikari, I take a seat. I sighed and then stretched my body.

The actual attention seeker's stare then attracted my attention.

She gave me a hateful look as if I were to blame for this. I gave her a grating eye roll. She clenched her teeth till my classmate next to her caught her eye.

"Are you sure you want to sit here?" The lady said and give a disgusted glance at me.

Oh lady, be careful with your words or one of my heel land on your face.

"Ah...sure i guess.." She immediately underwent a personality change.

Oh, and she fell down the stair, so her body is bandaged. She then begins to pet her bandaged arm while acting like the sufferer. Oh my God, my wounds were worse than hers.

Now all my classmate including Shikari and Asuka pitying her. She then stood up and switched seats with a classmate who was willing.

Oh well, at least I won't have to see her snot-nosed face anymore...

The teacher then walks into the classroom and begins to teach. More easily than I anticipated, the class went. That's great. And at last! Lunch time!

I came across him while I was heading to the cafeteria. Takashi was conversing with his friends. I felt like my anxiety taking over me again until Shjkari poked my back.

I turned to look at her until she pulled my collar down to speak to me.

"Hey, maybe you can tell him what actually happen..." She said while smiling.

"Are you sure? What if he won't speak to me..." I said nervously.

She pat my head and gave me a smile.

"Don't worry, Brother won't hated someone if they apologize or explained the misunderstanding...." She said to motivate me.

I looked down in nervousness and throw my anxiety and overthinking. I nodded and start to walk to him after i make myself more braver.

...

"Hey, doesn't you liked Lady Martina?" Asuka voice can be heard behind me.

I turned to look at her and scratching my neck a little. I then put on a teasing face.

"Well, you did too right?" I said teasingly.

When she heard what I said, she immediately became red. She was wearing a crimson scarf around her neck, which she used to hide her blushing face.

"Y-yes... But why you want to set up her back with Takashi?" She said inquisitively.

My eyes dodge her frantic eyes looking for an answer. I crossed my arm on my stomach and my right arm playing with my hair. I put on a smile, but it's obvious that it's sad.

"I just thought Brother is perfect for her. I want the best for her you know.... And i know brother can do that rather than me. I don't want to force her... But if brother hurt her, I will make sure him pay for it..." I said darkly.

"And seem like she doesn't have any interest in me, so i better gave up..." I regrettably said.

Asuka looked down while she felt like she can't moved on from Lady Martina.

Lady Martina is the most difficult to let go of. I suppose that's why a lot of people favoured her... But Brother deserves her better...

And I shouldn't interrupt her path way...

________________________

Damn Shikari 😭

And hello this is Kira! Sorry for the whole two weeks not updating :| no I'm not dumping this book dummy. But seem like you didn't dump this book :D Here a 🍭