Chapter 29

"Lady Nanami was injured..."

"Who pushed her.."

"Why Lady Martina do that..."

"She's jealous with all the attention Nanami get probably.."

"Thats very stupid and selfish..."

All the gossip and whispers.... its overwhelming.... i'm...

Scared...

"T-takashi! Its not like what it look li-"

"Nanami! You okay!?" Takashi yelled and hurried over to the fainting woman who was lying on the chilly floor.

I put down of my hand and look at them in terror. My mouth began to gush. He slowly lifted up Nanami's unconscious body in a bridal position.

"I didn't pushed her! She was about to fall and i tried to hel-"

"MARTINA!" He abruptly screamed. His voice is so loud that I wince. He was upset as he cast a downward glance towards Nanami.

"I'm disappointed of you..." He murmured before giving me a mocking stare.

He quickly carried Nanami to the nursery room after that. I couldn't stop gasping as I felt paralysed by panic.

Its the same as that day...

I glanced towards Shikari and the others looking for me. They might be able to assist me! since they are a friend of mine! R-right...?

"Why you do that..."

"You're vicious.."

"Attention seeker..."

"Ihateyou"

I start to hear my friend whispering, but I can't tell if it's just the sounds in my head or if they're actually speaking.

No.... they shouldn't....

"Run..."

That term was continuously whispered to me in my thoughts by a woman with a deep voice. I just want to leave this place; I don't want to think any more.

I stand up and start to dash through all the nobles and commoners who were perplexed by what had happened.

...

Horika was the one I was pursuing since she promised to assist us in locating Lady Martina. I suppose we are just going around in circles.

"Are you actually know where she's??" With annoyance, I questioned.

When I ask that, she flinches, and I know right away what is going on. I exhale and kick her in the back.

"OOF- THAT'S HURT YOU SMOL KID!" Horika screamed to me as she arched her back.

"That's your fault for lying to us" i said angrily.

"Hey do you know about Lady Martina?" I heard a noble whisper to her friend.

"Yes she's so wicked..." My fist trembled as I became furious.

When I reached out to touch one of the nobles, a root in the shape of an octopus burst out and wrapped around her body.

I drew her nearer to me and glared angrily in her direction.

"What did you said about Lady Martina?!" I yelled.

She recoils and tries to wriggle out of my root's hold. When she realised who I was, she laughed.

"So you're that loser friends? Heh be careful with her..." the noble lady said.