Chapter 23

4 years later... (so many time skip :P)

"Horika, your assignment papers is scattered on the floor.." I said while kicking back on the couch.

Shikari was reading a vintage green book next to me. Asuka is currently having the council members clean her wing. They stated that they were interested in conducting research on her atypical conditions.

We had been hanging out in the council chamber, especially at lunch, since a few years back. For some reason, their room is really comfortable. Unfair.

Father Horika truly took over as head of school. He is exceedingly thoughtful and wise. I had anticipated that.

Horika is now not clearing up the papers she has scattered, though. I believe that serving on the council is stressful as well. They must conduct a patrol of the school.

which keeps them up at night.

I'm relieved that the teachers decided against electing me to the council. I'm not even motivated enough to make a patrol.

"I will do it later, its not like Takashi is here~" She apologied.

In fact, she dug her own grave. Shikari, who was concentrating on reading the book, catches my eye.

"Is it really interesting?" Shikari heard me say.

As soon as she noticed how near my face was to her, she became like a boiling kettle. In surprise, I frequently blink.

"Uh- oh, Y-yea! This book is about the dark magic user ancestor!" She said as the redness on her face is fading.

"Dark magic user ancestor?" I said in a curious manner.

She leaned closer to me while nodding, pointing with her finger at a word on the book page. A middle-aged man in aristocratic attire with a sword cover hanging to his waist is seen in a picture.

"Daisuke Saoto was the first person to possess Dark Magic in 1920. When he realised what his area of expertise was, he began to use it as leverage to get the Lord of Canada to gave their position. Along with it, he forced his wife to get married to him. However, in 1945, he was apprehended by his own bodyguard, which caused a worldwide rumour to circulate. Then the citizens of Canada start a riot and chase after him, catching him, and burning him alive. They are unaware that one of his children could inherit his magic, though. The generation thus goes on."

I'm not sure if I'm simply too stupid or if she talked too long because I barely get a little of what she said. But may their child inherit the magic? That's awful.

"So, there's many people that might have it?"

She flipped through the pages a bit further while nodding before stopping on a page with a long list of names.

"There's.... Aoi Haroshi, Kaiso Naimi, Emily Brouse, Kate Mirror, Emiriko Saneki, Haru Yakori, Betty Matisse-"

"Wait! Matisse!? Isn't that Luis last name!?" I exclaimed in awe.

So his parents are where he learns his magic. I'm grateful to be adopted. I had to choose a friends wisely if I didn't want to die.

"Martina darling~ sorry to informing this but you had to leave, we have meeting in a few minutes" Horika said as she look at her watch.

I smiled and stood up from the couch.

"Okay then, Asuka-san we need to leave!" I raise my voice a little to call for Asuka that was still getting checked.

"Uh, okay!" She yelled back.

Shikari seems to be unhappy, but I'm not sure why. Could it be related to what Horika called me? What a good law sister! She's attempting to distract me from all flirt and keep me pure for Takashi.

Then, Asuka can be seen rushing in our direction.

"See you then, Horika" I said as I bowed a little and walked out the room.

...

To get to the class, we crossed the corridor. I simply took a cautious peek around the crowded hallway of students.

So perhaps one of them also possessed Dark Magic? I wonder if a book about the Light Magic exists as well.

I suppose I might do a little investigation on the ancestor. Shikari is still clinging to the book when I turn to face her.

"Shikari-san, can I borrow the book for a few days?" I pointed at it and said.

She nodded while softly grinning. I quickly caught the book when she pushed it against my chest.

Because this book is so crucial to my studies, I will be required to take care of it.

...

I groaned and took the tea cup from next to the open book. It's getting late... Now I have to go to bed. I groaned and leaned back against the chair, looking up at the ceiling.

The back of the chair is sagging.

"Daisuke Saoto..." I mutter.

How did he acquire the magic initially? The book I read doesn't explain how the uncommon disease affected him. But I do know that he is self-centered.

I'm curious to know if his bloodline is still goes on.

THUD

"OW!" I screamed in agony.

The back of my head strikes the floor as I recline backward on my chair. Ugh why did I fall on the floor and not on the carpet!?

I slightly open my eyes and I see a person with white clothes was falling on me.

Before I can even move away. The individual landed on my stomach.

"AOW-" I shouted louder. I coughed a lot because I felt like my gut was being squeezed.

Too much bad luck followed me...

"Oh my, you okay my child?" I heard a holy voice greet me.

Did I died again?

"Nope, but are you really okay?"

I blink open my eyes to see who the fuck fell to my stomach. The woman I see has blonde hair. Wait..

"Kira!?" I said in shock.

"Ah you okay now?" She spoke as she turned one of her eyes on me.
____________________________

Should I do a Special Christmas Chapter?

My mood is bad today :\