S. 2. Chapter 5

"I know you can. I am sorry for not trusting you... I am just really scared..." Naruto said to me.

I sighed defeated. I hugged him.

"Don't ever do this again." I said to him.

"Yes."

We continued to walk home, and I got my things together for the mission. I cooked dinner, and took some to Naruto.

"I'll leave now. I have to shower." I said to Naruto.

"Okay, see you tomorrow." He said finishing eating.

I left his apartment, and went to mine which was next door. I showered and went to sleep. I woke up early, and got ready to leave for the mission.

"Are you ready, Sakura?" Naruto entered my apartment.

"Yeah, I was about to leave." I said getting my bag.

"Then let's get going."

We began to walk to our meeting place, and noticed there was someone already there. He kind of resembled Sasuke, he had black hair and black eyes, but he felt different.

"Hello, I suppose you are our temporal teammate." I greeted him.

He looked at me, and nodded.

"Yes."

"I am Sakura, and this is Naruto." I introduced ourselves.

Naruto gave him a nod.

"I'm Sai." He said with a smile that one could clearly see it was fake.

I smiled back. There was just an awkward silence between the three of us.

"Seems like I am late." A voice broke the silence.

We looked and it was a man with a mask that didn't cover much, and looked friendly.

"Hello, are you our team captain for Kakashi-sensei?" I asked him.

"That's right. Just call me Captain Yamato as I am not a teacher." He said to us.

I nodded in agreement.

"I am Sakura." I introduced myself with a friendly smile.

"Naruto." Naruto introduced himself.

"Naruto... be more polite." I said to him.

"I am Sai." Sai said with his fake smile.

"Well, shall we get going? We will talk about the details while we run." Captain Yamato said to us.

We started to run and he began to explain to us the mission. Naruto and me had our eyes on Sai in case he made any suspicions movement. We knew the root was nothing good. We did not trust Sai.

"Let's rest for the day here." Captain Yamato said to us while he inspected the area. "Why don't you three go gather some branches for the fire?"

We didn't said anything, and Naruto and me just stood together. There was an awkward silence, but none of us tried to change that. Sai knew we were suspicious of him, and did not tried to change that. We grabbed enough branches, and went back to where Captain Yamato was.

"You guys are back early..." Captain Yamato said to us.

I just laughed awkwardly, and Naruto didn't bother answering. Sai just gave his fake smile as usual.

"We will be taking turns to guard during the night, I will be first." Captain Yamato said the us.

I nodded, and we stared to make the fire and get everything set to rest for the night. The next morning we started our journey again, and seems like Captain Yamato couldn't with the awkward silence.