Chapter I.

Any similarity between the characters in this story and any real-life individuals, living or deceased, is purely coincidental. This is a work of fiction and is not intended as reference to actual persons or events.

Thanks so much for checking my book out . It means so much to me me so give it a chance .This is my very first story on Wattpad so bear with me dear readers. It won't be perfect but I'll try my bestest 🥺. Anyway, enjoy.

©All rights reserved

The night light shown dimly on the streets with the light sunset illuminating the sky and the air calmly soothing whoever breathed it in. With the sound of footsteps that rang here and there, the evening was quiet especially since it was the countryside.

Wang Linxue briskly walked to a very small bookstore with light steps. The bookstore stood out in the surroundings due to its very modern design.

It was her favourite bookstore since it provided the latest books that any avid reader would follow up on.

Upon entering, the bell connected to the door jiggled lightly alerting her presence. She walked to the counter to greet the usual middle aged woman who owned the store but found an old man sitting there.

"Good evening" she looked around.... "Uhm, where is Mrs Jing?"

" Her husband is sick and was admitted to the hospital, young lady. So I'm filling in for her today".

The old man's voice was very vibrant for his age and though he was old, he had a very youthful aura making him seem young if you looked longer.

"Oh, ok Sir" she said to which the old man smiled.

"Just call me uncle Lao".

"Ok uncle Lao."

She left the counter to the book stand but she could feel the eyes on her every where she went.

'Why is he looking at me like that' she wondered as she looked at the romance section. She loved to read romance books since the mere thought of two people falling in mad in love with each other fascinated her.

She had not felt deep love or connection with anyone in her life since she was an orphan. She also hadn't fallen for anyone before as she was just eighteen and was now just living on her own and also going to college.

She looked at the books on the shelf for anything new but she had bought most of them already and kept looking to see what would pique her interest.

At the far left of the shelf in the middle she saw a book titled, ' Two Faced CEO Loves Me '.

She read the introduction and decided to buy it because it looked interesting. But when she looked thoroughly at the book, it didn't have an author written on it.

'Weird. Who writes a book but doesn't sign his or her name on it?'

She went to the counter to pay for the book. When she gave the old man the book to use his machine to swipe ,the old man looked at the book fondly.

"Ah, you picked a very... interesting book dear. You will love it."

" You read romance books, Uncle Lao?" Wang Linxue was surprised.

"Let's just say, it's my forte".

The old man packaged the book neatly in a bag and handed it to her while she paid for the book.

Thanking the old man, she left the bookstore a bit confused. Looking up the sky, the sun had already set and it was now evening. She walked to a bus stop to wait for the bus.

When it arrived she took the bus to the small apartment she was renting; one she was given by the orphanage with one year paid rent. After one year, she was would have to find her means of accommodation. She greeted some of the neighbours on her floor before getting in.

Entering, she quickly did all she needed to do. Freshen up, cook dinner and clean the house. Then she picked up the book she bought from the bag. Placing the bag on the bed, a pendant slipped out onto the bed.

Due to the nature of the pendant, it caught light quickly and Wang Linxue noticed it. Picking it up, she saw that is was made out of opal.

The opal was compromised of many colours scattered at different parts of the mineral making it look intricate and mesmerizing.

The mineral was round and small like the size of her thumb nail and encased in a silvery metal and the necklace was also silvery in colour.

'Maybe it's for the old man at the store.' she thought and placed it on the desk.

Feeling lazy she decided to send the pendant back tommorow. She flopped messily on the bed to read the book. Since Wang Linxue was a night owl and a fast reader, she read half of the book in four and a half hours. She was extra interested since the book had a character with her name and so wanted to read more.

She looked at the clock and it read 12:41 am and she decided to sleep and continue it the next day.

She put the book on the desk near the bed and covered herself with the blanket and fell fast asleep.

Little did she know she would be sucked into the very book she just read.

How's the read? Please vote and comment on the book.
It's a book I have had in my head for a while so finding a platform like Wattpad, I have decided to share it.

Thanks for reading