Chapter X.

Comment, follow, and vote this story if you like. If you don't, you're gonna get nightmares today🛌🛌. Jokes aside please do comment and vote
Thanks for reading❤️❤️❤️

They trekked through the forest for an about hour before Wang Linxue's body shut down. She was so tired and tried to portray a brave front.

Inwardly, she was freaking out. She was in unknown territory with no possible way home, with doubts and praying the male lead didn't think she was think she was lying about how they got into this whole mess.

But after all that had happened over the past few hours without some rest, she toppled over a root since it was still dark and she brought Xi Jinwei with her.

"Aiya! " She cried pitifully as she laid on the ground with Xi Jinwei.

She hadn't thought it through when she jumped into the water. Her brain just thought and she acted.

" That's about right, girl. So dumb!" Ping chided her.

Xi Jinwei got up from the ground and looked around .
" Stay here for a while, I'm going to look around for anything that might help us."

Wang Linxue who felt tired nodded on the ground and shifted to a more comfortable position and mumbled sleepily.

"Be careful."

He turned back to the girl who had laid unbothered on the ground with her eyes closed falling fast asleep. He came closer to her and squatted in front of her.

Her middle length hair had become messy and framed her face and thus covered her features.

He raised his hand and brushed her hair away from her face and stroked her cheeks staring at the cute girl in front of him. His heart started to ache and beat suddenly making him blush. She kind of reminded him of his mother.

Realizing what he has done, he clenched his fingers and got up quickly and went forward to search the place.

Back on the riverboat, Xi family matriarch was blasting her son on the phone after she heard the news.

Everyone was giving the Wang and Xi family their condolences and comforting them since most people thought the children won't survive.

Fang Luman was sitting by her husband, who was making urgent calls on the phone.
She still couldn't believe that her daughter would risk her life to do this.

It was like she didn't know who she was and didn't know what to think. Whether to be angry or proud.

All in all, her aura was panicky the whole time after her daughter jumped in the water.

"As soon as possible." Wang Linkai said.

" Ok, ok. Talk to you later."

He put his phone down from his ears and sighed.

Fang Luman clutched his arm nervous " Well, what did he say?

He stared at his wife who was on the brink of tears and hugged her tightly.
She resisted after a while and cried "When are they going to be here?"

"In the morning, they just have to ...."

" Morning! What do you think can happen in a day? "

" I'm trying my best Luman. Linxue is also my daughter but it's very late. You know I can't allow her to die."

Fang Luman got up and went to their kitchen and picked up a glass. She opened a drawer, taking out some alcohol.

Wang Linkai swiped it out of her hand and grabbed her shoulders and placed her on the couch.

"Leave me right now! Let go."

Wang Linkai just grabbed her tightly because of how much she was struggling. Alcohol never did anyone any good.

" I'm here. Shush...shush. We'll find her and then, she would be punished till the time she dies." Wang Linkai whispered to her and his wife started to cry when she heard the word 'dies'.

Back at the Xi family, Di Mufei clutched her son in her arms as her husband looked angry on the phone but didn't speak out of line.

When he finished the the phone call he asked his son to leave the room.

" I know this is your doing" He sat down on the couch and stared at his wife who standing by the door.

" Tch! What do you mean, my doing? Did you see me throw anybody, hmm?

Did the culprit accuse me of anything? Don't run your mouth and shamelessly accuse others of things."

Her husband rolled her eyes at her, because he knew her very well. After investigations, he had come to know she had killed his son's mother. What stopped her from doing this?

" Well pray that my parents don't find the one who hired that man or else."

He didn't want to argue because after all, he cheated on her and had a child with his secretary just months after their marriage.

She had every right to be angry especially after bringing the child home to live with them but killing others was a bit too far.

Wang Linxue groggily woke up from the ground and stretched her body with popping sounds.
" Had a good sleep?" Ping asked her after she woke up. The sun was high in the sky and it looked like it was morning.

" Yeah. I'm still feeling tired and hungry though."

Ping sighed in relief. This girl was resilient and hopeful.

"Ping, where's the male lead?"

Ping paused for a moment thinking back to the way that boy had shamelessly taken advantage of her in her sleep.

He was becoming a wolf gradually but always put up a disdainful attitude. Tch!

" He hasn't come back. Let's go look for him"

" Right."

Wang Linxue got up feeling very heavy and removed her fleece jacket from her body since it was still slightly wet. She felt it and heard a rubbery sound coming form the pockets.

She reached her hand in and saw that there was a cake wrapped in rubber in.

She took it for Xi Jinwei on the boat the last time though he refused to eat it. She hadn't eaten it then and the incident happened.

" Cake! At least we have something."

" Girl?"

"Yeah?"

" You really do not have to talk out loud when we are communicating. Just do an inner voice and you'll be fine."

"...."

Wang Linxue tried it, 'Can you hear me?"

' Yes'

She angrily spoke out loud "Why didn't you tell me until now!"

" It was revenge for calling me Ping you dumb girl!"

" What the.." She shouted before doing the inner voice.

' Fine. But I'm still going to call you Ping'

' Yeah, whatever. I told you now because we are in a sensitive situation and I don't want you to look like your crazy person.'

'Aw, you must like me so much.'

Ping went quiet so Wang Linxue went on forward.

She walked for a long time till she met up with Xi Jinwei who was coming back for her running.

He stopped in front of Wang Linxue panting and she asked tentatively.

"What did you find?'

" A temple."