Chapter XV

The car ride was quiet and the tension that filled the air was thick. After everything that had happened, Wang Linxue was exhausted and burned out.

She laid her back on the car seat looking at Xi Jinwei from the corner of her eyes.
The male lead had his head in his hand while his hand lay on the window frame with the wind blowing his soft black hair.

His eyelashes fluttered slightly as he blinked and he looked absent minded as he stared out the car. Feeling the gaze on him, he turned his head to see Wang Linxue turning her head away quickly.

Wang Linxue on the other hand was fan girling at the male appearance.

'Man, if he grows up, he gonna have a flock of admirers, I'm telling you Ping.'

'Hmph! Whatever little girl. Just don't be swayed by him.'

'What do you mean,Ping? I don't like him.'

As usual he ignored her mercilessly and she just laid there thinking of what to say to her parents after this.

They had spent a night at the village,got well rested and spoke to the police about the kidnapping. She realized that the whole time they were there, Xi Jinwei was hanging around the girl who saved them in the forest.

She felt like she was missing something here. There was something that she wasn't connecting. She was really exhausted at that time so she just thought Xi Jinwei had a new admirer.

Then she woke up this morning and realized that the male lead and the female lead had met!! Zhirou? Why did it not ring a bell? Shoot she just missed it.

Maybe this was their first meeting were they sparked interest in one another? She didn't actually know and she regretted missing their love start to bloom right in front of her eyes.

She was still disappointed at missing the opportunity even as she sat in the car and anytime she remembered, she frowned like she was in pain .

Xi Jinwei stared at Wang Linxue as she looked frowned at something pouting at the passenger seat.

He opened his mouth to say something but he was at loss for words. He still didn't know her that well and they were basically strangers to each other.

The car ride was silent and on previous occasions, she would have been chattering in his ears all day.

The two children had different ideas of what they thought of each other, which was quite opposite from the truth.

After hours long ride, Wang Linxue got bored and started to harass the driver and asking him where they were or when they would get home.

Unfortunately for her, at the passenger seat was the stern high ranking man who was tasked to bring them home. He shot her down after a long time of her nagging.

"Driver, for the last time, when will we get home! I'm tired.

The car drive is too long, what is taking us so ..."

" Keep quiet!"

She opened and closed her mouth before closing her mouth that was nagging the driver and pouted.

Hey, she was a child again. She sometimes had to act like it.

Xi Jinwei smiled amused by her antics and placed his hand on her head and rubbed. She suddenly reminded him of his puppy at home.

Wang Linxue froze at the hand on her head and Xi Jinwei realizing what he had done quickly removed his hand and mumbled a 'Sorry'.

She blinked confused and every few seconds turned to him trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

The whole car ride was quiet again and after a few minutes, the car pulled over to the Wang Family house.

' You're home again. How do you feel?'

'Happy?' she thought ' Happy! I feel happy, Ping', she breathed in heavily and looked outside seeing her familiar luxurious house that she called home.

' Hmph! You should be.'

The driver cut the engine and opened the door for the stern looking man. The man quickly got out of the seat and went out into the house.

The two children got out of the car from the left when the driver opened the car door.

The looked at each other nervously and stood by the car until a few minutes later, Wang Linxue's parents came out . Fang Luman gave the two children a hug while Wang Linkai stood at the side. Wang Linxue's mother cried kissing both children on the cheek in gratitude.

" Y-You children, you're safe. I r-really thought I-I lost you. Both of you." She sobbed whispering in happiness.

She cupped Xi Jinwei's face and smiled, " Are you okay Xi Jinwei? Are you hurt?"

He shook his head as his cheeks turned red at the lady. Wang Linkai rubbed the boy's head gratefully.

This boy made their daughter jump into a raging river to save him. They officially considered as part of the family if they didn't before.

"My grandson!" A woman shouted behind him. Her stiff shoulders and knees made her grit in pain but the Xi Family matriarch hurriedly ran as fast as she could.

"Slow down Grandma!" The Xi Family patriarch scolded but walked towards the boy with her. They enveloped him in a tight hug and he hugged them both back just as tight.

The Xi successor, his wife, Di Mufei and her son stood at the side respectfully. The Xi matriarch saw her son at the side just looking at them and was saddened at the fact that her son didn't come to embrace the boy after all that trauma.

She let go of the boy and kissed him on the cheek while her husband spoke " Grandson, you should get some rest at home. But first we have to speak to your fiancee."

" Why?Did she do something wrong, grandpa?"

" Don't worry. Just a few words."

They turned to the Wang family and saw the girl's parents scolding her and her mother pulling her ears till they were red while she had tears in her eyes.

" Mrs Wang, Mr Wang." Fang Luman turned to the respectable old figure , letting go of her daughter's ears.
Wang Linxue rubbed her ears pitifully and ran to her father's embrace in tears for comfort.

" The Xi Family owns you a debt of gratitude. If anything arises, we will surely aid you and be at your service."

"No need to be so polite Mr Xi, we only wish to be in good and cordial terms with you." Wang Linkai humbly replied as he rubbed his daughter's ear gently.

"My offer still stands, if you need anything, the Xi Family will be there to help you.

"We'll be taking our leave then.Say goodbye Grandson" he teased the boy who stood by his grandma.

" Bye Xi Jinwei , see you around."she took the first step.

" Bye", he mumbled with his eyes lowered before leaving with his his family.

Always the tsundere.

" We are going to have a very long chat little miss." Fang Luman spoke placing her hand on her shoulder, tightening it menacingly.

Please vote and comment on the novel . Let me hear from you 💜💜💜💜