Chapter XLIX

Wang Linxue was setting up her things for her latest makeup blog post, her focus and attention solely on the task at hand. She carefully arranged her makeup brushes, arranging them neatly in a row, each one in its designated spot. Her brand makeup kit from her sponsorship lay open beside her, filled with an array of colorful eyeshadows, blushes, and lipsticks.

Her eyes sparkled with a sense of anticipation ready to do a tutorial.

And make money.

With a satisfied smile, she turned to her camera, which was set up on a tripod in front of her. She adjusted the lighting, making sure that the colors of her makeup would show up vibrantly on the screen when she did it.

Then, with a deep breath, she began to film.
She begins applying a cleansing toner to her face with cotton pads. "Today I'll be creating a soft pink glam look using my favorite new products," she says to the camera.

Wang Linxue carefully blends foundation onto her cheeks, massaging in small circular motions to ensure even coverage. Holding a fluffy brush, she sweeps a shimmery pink eyeshadow across her eyelids, explaining each step along the way.

As she begins applying mascara, there is a sudden knock on the bedroom door.

Wang Linxue stops, mascara wand hovering over her eye. She wasn't expecting anyone today on the weekend.

'Why did she stop?'

'Is something wrong with the video?'

' I'm following step by step,I almost poked me eye!'

' Peach Milk?'

The interruption could damage the continuity of her beloved video. She continues applying the mascara, speeding up to finish before the next potential disruption.

After crafting perfect winged eyeliner, Wang Linxue moves on to contouring and highlighting her cheekbones.

Perhaps she heard wrong.

The knock become clearer and much louder so she Wang Linxue just sighs in annoyance. Guess she didn't imagine it then.

" Excuse me guys." She tell the people on her live chat and carefully struts towards the door. Forgetting to look through the peephole she opens the door.

After Wang Linxue opened the door, she met Xi Jinwei's gaze. She was surprised and confused to see him there since she hadn't been expecting him here and he has never been to her house before.

"W-what are you d-doing here?" she stuttered, still holding the makeup brush in her hand.

Xi Jinwei gave her an embarrassed smile. "I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have just shown up. But I saw your makeup tutorial online and wanted to surprise you."

Wang felt her cheeks heat up. "Wait, you watched my videos? " she said quietly.

"Yes, and you look so beautiful even halfway through," Xi Jinwei said gently looking at her face. "You don't need all that makeup."

Wang's heart swelled at the compliment, though part of her felt self-conscious that Xi Jinwei had seen her videos without her knowing.

Xi Jinwei seemed to sense her hesitation. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable," he said. "I just wanted to see you."

Wang gave him a small smile. "It's okay," she said. "I'm glad you're here."

"Xi Jinwei..." she said, her voice warm and welcoming. " You know there is a doorbell right." She raised her eyebrow.